Future investment areas...
Dairy Cattle Breeding is an activity with a defined capacity in which weighted profit is earned from milk and in which number of animals are managed and type of feeding, shelter and other architectural structures are determined according to the facility.
Dairy Cattle Breeding in Turkey and the World
The milk efficiency per animal in Turkey is quite below the average of other countries and the world.
It is estimated that the total milk necessity in Turkey including the industry is 24 millions tons. The share of dairy products industry within the total of food industry is 16%. The value of this share is approximately TL 1.5 billion. However, 11.8 million tons of milk produced currently is not able to cover demands. Only 3.5 million tons out of these 11.8 million tons is produced in healthy and hygienic environments and under registered production.
Moreover, taking into consideration the estimation that the per capita milk demand that is TL 154/year will be TL 190/year in 2013, it is stated that there is a serious potential for investments in this field. (DPT estimation for 2013)
Why Dairy Cattle Breeding?
- Animal husbandry is considered as a strategic sector.
- There is an expectation that the milk consumption will increase in the next period.
- Businesses with less than 50 animals in Turkey compose 99.7% of the total number of businesses. In this case, the businesses that need to reach the optimum business capacity will create investment potential.
- A continuous development trend is observed in food industry.
- It is possible to obtain a more efficient production with less labor force.
- There is an opportunity to market animal products due to proximity to the potential market.
- It provides year long different income opportunities milk income, animal sales income, fertilizer income.