Orcharding is the activity of growing and marketing fruits under modern conditions, without harming the nature and human health, in line with the climate conditions of the region.
Orcharding in Turkey
There is an orcharding production area of approximately 3 million hectares in Turkey and orcharding is done in almost all parts of our country thanks to ecological conditions.
Turkey ranks 8th with nearly 3% share in world fruit and vegetable production and can grow 75 types of fruit out of 138 that is grown in the world. Moreover, Turkey ranks the first in the world in the production of hazelnuts, figs, quince, cherries and apricots.
- It has important contributions to foreign trade.
- Orcharding makes up 20% of the total agriculture exports of our country.
- Our country's ecological conditions are appropriate.
- Being the world leader in producing many types of fruit in terms of quality and amount ensures trust in the market.
- It is possible to choose suitable production types to external and internal market demands, different assessment types (for table, drying), and different climatic conditions.
- Modern orcharding businesses, the number of which is expected to rise in the years to come, will create a certain quality standard.