You can view our events on various areas from the headings below.
- DenizBank became the first Turkish bank to be a member of the Partnership of Carbon Accounting Financials (PCAF), an international initiative created by financial institutions worldwide to measure carbon emissions and align their portfolios with net zero targets in line with the Paris Climate Agreement.
- DenizBank has published its debut Sustainable Finance Framework with a strong focus on Food Security and Sustainable Food Systems.
- DenizBank rolled-over its syndicated loan and raised USD 845 Million with a rollover ratio of 134 percent. With 48 participants from 22 countries, the transaction is the largest and most widely participated syndicated loan in the second half of this year. The sustainability performance targets of the facility have been set as financing agriculture in the earthquake affected regions as well as renewable energy investments.
- GaleriDeniz, the exhibition space within DenizBank has brought together art lovers in its Together Towards the Future exhibition, which consists of sculptures and paintings curated by Deha Çun. The mixed exhibition, which brings together 80 works of art by 45 young artists, can be visited until December 3rd.
- DenizBank has launched its “Travel with Deniz” platform, which makes travel planning faster and easier. Required transactions such as flight tickets, hotel reservations and airport transfers can now be carried out safely from a single point.
- DenizBank initiated the 100th year of Our Republic Concerts it has organized on the occasion of the 100th year of the foundation of the Republic with a brilliant performance in the culture and arts center of the capital city of Ankara, CSO ADA on the evening of 23 October. The business and art world of Ankara showed a great deal of attention to the concert where the artists from the State Opera and Ballet, Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra and Ankara State Polyphonic Choir performed.
- DenizBank has launched the TRNC Country Manager’s office and Girne Branch to offer uninterrupted and accessible banking services in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
- DenizBank acquired 109 Million Dollars of fresh resources from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to support the development process and meet the financing needs in the zones affected by the Kahramanmaraş earthquake that took place on February 6.
- Organised as a first in Türkiye with the aim to popularise a cappella music - a performance without any instruments other than a choir and human voice - DenizBank VoiceUp A Cappella Festival started on Tuesday evening, August 22 with the opening concert at Cemal Reşit Rey Concert Hall.
- Deniz Ventures, a mutual fund which was created by DenizBank to support innovation and start-up ecosystem in Turkey, made an investment in Erguvan which is a climate and finance technologies start-up based on 7,33 Million USD valuation within the scope of the strategic partnership it has formed with Emirates NBD in the entrepreneurship field.
- Considering support to culture and arts as an investment in the future and saying “Yes to Arts” since day one, DenizBank has assumed the main sponsorship of DenizBank VoiceUp A Cappella Festival – a first in Türkiye – with the aim to make choir and a cappella music popular.
- Deniz Asset Management launched the ESG Sustainability Hedge Fund in line with its sustainability targets. The fund invests in funds that include companies which focus on reducing their carbon footprint, as a first in Türkiye.
- DenizBank secures US$ 530 Million equivalent multi-currency ESG-Linked syndicated loan by reaching the highest roll-over ratio in the sector. With the renewed its syndicated loan, which incorporates sustainability performance targets with 117 percent roll-over ratio, the amount of fresh funds that DenizBank has secured for the economy since the beginning of 2023 has exceeded US$ 1.4 billion equivalent.
- DenizBank's new generation subsidiary NEOHUB and cash management optimisation initiative Fon Radar have founded the joint venture company, NEO Elektronik A.Ş., to develop fintech products in the field of Supplier Finance System.
- DenizBank is pleased to announce that it has issued long-term sustainability related financing of USD 610 Million with a maturity of up to 7 years under its Diversified Payment Rights (DPR) program
- The fund will be used in order to finance energy efficiency, renewable energy and green economy projects aimed to eliminate the climate change risks, support women entrepreneurs and agricultural sector which is strategically important for the Bank. The funding also aims to support individuals and businesses affected by the earthquakes in Kahramanmaraş on February 6th.
- fastPay, the first digital wallet of Türkiye, and Asis Elektronik, smart urban technologies brand, are launching the Pre-paid Urban Card and Mobile Wallet Application which will turn contactless travel cards into EMV-based open platform urban cards.
- Supporting development of sports in all fields with a social responsibility vision, DenizBank extended the Men’s and Women’s A National Football Teams main sponsorship for 3 more years, by including e-National Football team, continuing the collaboration with Turkish Football Federation (TFF) which was initiated in 2020.
- DenizBank is pleased to announce the successful close of 367-day facility which attracted 36 banks across 17 countries. The transaction has been the most widely participated Syndicated Loan Facility of the second half.
- Launched in May 2021, digital customer onboarding process has reached 1 million monthly applications in the sector. Convenience of becoming a bank customer quickly and securely, without having to go to a branch, has been adopted quite rapidly. DenizBank keeps increasing its market share in digital onboarding in the sector with 150 thousand customers acquired monthly.
- DenizBank collaborates with Burcu Biricik, a successful Turkish actress and TV star, for its new advertising campaign in its 25th founding anniversary, with the concept "Beyond Deniz".
- NEOHUB and Atlas Space joined forces to open their first bank branch in Turkey which has come to life with a local partnership in the metaverse universe. The Metabranch which will open in the near future will serve as an informative point of contact for the customers at the initial stage and develop with the feedbacks overtime.
- Having supported development and introduction of sports to more people for many years in various fields, DenizBank has now expanded this support to esports and became the main sponsor of Wildcats – the first professional esports club in Türkiye.
- DenizBank borrowed a 45 Million Euro loan from Proparco, a subsidiary of Agence Française de Développement (AFD), with a 7-year maturity to meet the funding needs of companies operating in the fields agriculture, renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- DenizBank secured USD 60 million financing from the World Bank through Development and Investment Bank of Türkiye to meet the financing requirements of SMEs which are hit by the pandemic.
- Having collaborated with Bonus, one of the most important loyalty programmes in Türkiye 20 years ago, DenizBank has reached 5 million cards with Bonus features offered to retail and commercial customers.
- First start-up companies of the Deniz Aquarium Start-up Acceleration Program offered by the new generation DenizBank subsidiary NEOHUB that aims to provide mentoring for the Turkish start-up ecosystem and scaling based support have been determined.
- DenizBank has renewed its collaboration agreement with Istanbul Bar Association, the largest bar of the world, for 3 more years with financial solutions tailored for attorneys. Attorneys of Istanbul Bar Association can receive their legal assistance fees from DenizBank branches, andalso benefit from privileges in scope of Affluent Banking.
- DenizBank is now offering YUVAM Account product that yields additional interest return for non-resident Turkish citizens who convert their foreign exchange savings into Turkish Lira with protection against exchange rates.
- DenizBank realised a collaboration with turna.com, allowing easy and secure flight tickets shopping through DenizKartım application.
- DenizBank executed her first ESG linked repo transaction with London based Standard Chartered Bank.
- DenizBank’s technology subsidiary Intertech has offered inter-cloud, the first and only financial cloud platform approved by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency (BRSA), for the entire financial industry and start-up ecosystem.
- Deniz Portfolio now offers the Sustainable Fund Basket Fund that focuses on sustainability in asset preferences. The fund aims to boost sensitivity towards environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues and encourage investments in these areas.
- NEOHUB, DenizBank’s subsidiary, distributed the certificates of its Start-up Program, exclusively designed for the Banking personnel, in NFT format, breaking new ground in this field.
- DenizBank was found worthy of the “Bank of the Year” Award in Turkey and Western Europe by The Banker, the prestigious finance and economy publication.
- DenizBank has launched Corporate Digital Approval Service by which the corporate companies in the SME segment may complete their approval processes for banking transactions via MobilDeniz or DenizKartım application quickly and without needing wet signature.
- NEOHUB inaugurates the Deniz Aquarium Start-up Acceleration Programme to provide mentoring and scale-oriented tangible support for the start-up ecosystem in Turkey.
- With Swift GPI system, DenizBank is now offering instant monitoring service to track FX transfers towards domestic and overseas banks via mobile banking channel.
- DenizBank offers its Private and Black Card holders the opportunity to benefit from the IGA Fast Track service free of charge, thanks to their cooperation with IGA Pass, which is the privileged passenger program provided by Istanbul Airport.
- DenizBank has secured USD 840 Million in her first sustainability-linked syndicated loan deal. The deal is the most widely participated syndication in the Turkish banking industry in the past two years supported by 49 lenders from across 22 countries. Providing greater support for financing of sustainable agriculture, which is vital for food security, has been among performance indicators of the transaction. Supported by DenizBank to contribute to culture-arts life in Turkey, İDSO DenizBank Concerts came back ‘home’ as Ataturk
- Cultural Center (AKM) reopened its doors to arts and art lovers. The first concert that took place on 1 November received a large interest by art lovers, gathering a large crowd from the business, art and media world.
- DenizBank has broken new grounds with BiTaksi using the tap-on-phone payment solution of Mastercard; BiTaksiPOS application that does not require a POS for card payments in taxis is now live.
- Leading among private banks in agriculture with 47% market share, DenizBank has entered into a collaboration with the Turkish Mercantile Exchange (TÜRİB), to strengthen its efforts to provide exclusive offers to farmers in licensed warehouse use.
- Denizbank and bp have joined forces to offer 6 month maturity with zero interest for fuel oil expenses to be made through Producer Card until October 15th. The campaign will continue with 5 month maturity after this date.
- In cooperation with BELBIM, DenizBank has launched a campaign for 600 TL or 1200 TL zero-interest, zero-free support advance with a monthly repayment of 100 TL and zero-interest instalment cash advance up to 500 TL for Istanbulkart users.
- DenizBank offers its customers the opportunity to pay their Motor Vehicle Tax and Traffic Fines in 3 installments with zero interest and free of charge via DenizBank Bonus Credit Cards from July, 5th to August, 2nd 2021.
- Le Chic Bodrum, located in Bodrum Asarlık with its 94 residential and hotel sections and managed by the Palazzo Luxury Collection operating under Kaya Group, is broadening its range of service through new collaborations. Offering the exquisite tastes of the Mediterranean Cuisine to its customers, Lacivert Restaurant will be serving its guests in Le Chic Bodrum, for the first time out of Istanbul.
- With the Dollar, Euro and Renminbi denominated syndicated loan facility amounting to USD 410 Million equivalent with a one-year maturity, DenizBank has secured another fresh funding to support the future of the Turkish economy. The successfully concluded syndicated loan facility is also marked as the first Turkish bank syndication that includes a Renminbi denominated tranche. The proceeds will be utilized to finance international trade transactions of DenizBank customers which primarily include tourism, shipping, export oriented industries and agriculture.
- In February 2021, DenizBank secured a USD 435 Million equivalent debt facility to be utilized mostly in environmentally friendly and sustainable projects and was awarded “Deal of the Year in Europe” by The Banker, a prestigious media organ in the finance industry.
- DenizBank Investment Services Group has launched the PRO edition of ALGOLAB, Turkey’s first online algorithmic trading platform, with a new interface and new features. Thanks to ALGOLAB, investors can now communicate robotised trading orders on Borsa Istanbul Equity Market and Derivatives Market, enjoying convenience and saving time in investment decision processes. The PRO edition of ALGOLAB can be accessed through https://beta.algolab.com.tr/ and mobile application.
- As part of the collaboration carried out with Mastercard, the leading institution of payment technologies, DenizBank has offered Turkey’s first Metal Credit Card to its customers. A limited edition of 1000 cards, the vertically designed Metal Credit Card only has the customer’s name in the front with Mastercard logo. The card is immediately available for use following application, allowing customers to start shopping right away.
- As part of the collaboration carried out with Mastercard, the leading institution of payment technologies, DenizBank has offered Turkey’s first Metal Credit Card to its customers. A limited edition of 1000 cards, the vertically designed Metal Credit Card only has the customer’s name in the front with Mastercard logo. The card is immediately available for use following application, allowing customers to start shopping right away.
- Deniz Ventures has made a 1 Million Dollar investment on Midas, the new generation investment application.
- Anybody who downloads the MobilDeniz application on their cell phone can become a DenizBank Customer now safely and easily within couple of minutes.
- Targeting to secure long-term international funding at competitive terms, DenizBank is pleased to announce today the closing of multi-tranche c. USD 435 Million financing backed by her Diversified Payment Rights Securitization Programme. The majority of the proceeds will be used for environmentally friendly and sustainable projects. The transaction was well received, achieving a maturity of up to 7 years, with the participation of a pool of investors ranging from supranational institutions to institutional investors and commercial banks from the US, Asia, and Europe.
- A supporter of sports and sports players, DenizBank has brought into life the Hatayspor Bonus card, exclusive to the fans with the cooperation of Hatayspor Club.
- In its new commercial film, DenizBank announces the departure of time-consuming financial transactions procedures from our lives thanks to the digital wallet fastPay which can be used by everyone, bank customer or not, by downloading it on their mobile devices by using depixelization metaphor.
- DenizBank presents its customers defining their mobile phone number or TR ID No information as Easy Address (KOLAS) an opportunity to realize all their money transfers on MobilDeniz free of charge throughout the year.
- DenizBank offers its customers to pay for the Motor Vehicle Tax payments by 1 February 2021 with their DenizBank Bonus Credit Cards in 3 instalments with zero interest and free of charge.
- The subsidiary that carries out the activities of DenizBank in the areas of culture and arts, DenizKültür has opened the audio literature works of 42 CDs documenting the evolution of storytelling in Turkey to free access by making it available on digital channels. ‘Stories Finding a Voice’ study with the first one prepared in 2007 and the second one in 2009 are an Audio Story Anthology which came to life with 200 stories written by the important writers in Turkish literature getting narrated by accomplished stage actors and actresses and voice actors.
- DenizBank successfully secured USD 780 Million syndicated loan from a record number of banks with 115% rollover ratio. With a roll-over ratio of 115%, reaching USD 780 Million, the transaction wasmarked as the most widely participated deal of the year with a record number of participants; 42 banks from 20 countries.
- Under the FAST System (Instant and Continuous Transfer of Funds) that will be on pilot run by the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey starting from 18 December, DenizBank offers cash transfer at the speed of light, 24/7, with Easy Address information.
- Taking on the task of reducing financing costs of SMEs in line with its principle of serving its nation, DenizBank launched cooperation with Gastronomy Tourism Association to offer a relief to the food and beverages sector going through a challenging period due to the pandemic. Within this scope, the Bank offers a Gastronomy Loan product with a support package to enable Gastronomy Tourism Association member institutions such as restaurants, hotels and yacht tourism enterprises to obtain the Gastronomy Tourism Hygiene Certificate which is hard to obtain and is internationally-accredited.
- Having become the Global Supporter of Turkish Airlines EuroLeague in October 2019, DenizBank aired the first film of its new commercial campaign in the second year of its sponsorship. In the commercial where DenizBank customers meet world-famous names of the basketball world, an emphasis is made on how the customers are the actual stars of the Bank.
- DenizBank cooperated with TAB Gıda, a leader in the fast food restaurant chain sector with its 25 years of experience, enabling contactless mobile payment at the restaurants. Within the scope of this cooperation, fastPay users can make fast, healthy, charge-free and safe payment at Burger King®, Popeyes®, Arby's®, Sbarro® and Usta Dönerci® restaurants all around Turkey by just tilting their phones sideways through a QR code. As per the Agreement, TL 10 will be added to the fastPay balance of the users as a gift at their first shopping to be made at any of TAB Gıda restaurants.
- IDSO DenizBank Concerts 2020-2021 opening concert was held at Cemal Reşit Rey (CRR) Concert Hall on Friday, October 02, 2020 at 21:00. In the concert, where IDSO presented a music festival to the audience and the hygiene and distance rules were meticulously followed, one third of the seats in the hall were filled with art lovers.
- Wtech implements ‘Robotic Process Automation Software Developer’ (RPA Developer) Programme for the youth completing their training in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) fields. The association with its corporate supporters including Denizbank, UiPatch and Linktera continues to take significant steps to bridge the gap in this field in particular by providing job guaranteed trainings. Trainings with an international certification which will be held online and for free from 7 September to 9 October will cover the execution of large volume and repetitive tasks in the automation process which is one of the hot topics within the framework of digital transformation in Turkey and across the world. 20 students will receive training at the first phase. Those completing their training will be able to start working as they receive their Robotic Process Automation Software Developer certificates.
- DenizYatırım was presented the ‘Private Sector Debt Instrument Issue Brokerage Leader2019’ award in ‘Corporate Financing Transactions’ within the scope of TCMA Capital Markets Award which was organized the fifth time this year.
- Deniz Aquarium, the innovation office of DenizBank, launched cooperation with İstanbul Blockchain Technologies and Innovation Practice and Research Center (BlockchainIST Center)- the first university Blockchain center in Turkey under Bahçeşehir University. Studies will be carried out to develop practices for the finance sector by producing Blockchain-based projects in ‘Blockchain Lab’ founded in Deniz Aquarium.
- fastPay launched a cooperation enabling contactless payment facility with CarrefourSa - the leading brand in the organized retail sector in Turkey, fastPay users will be able to make quick, healthy and secure payment free of charge with the QR code that will be produced by turning the phone sidewards in their purchases at CarrefourSa supermarkets during the campaign which will continue until the end of the year.
- Continuing to aim to develop prestigious and boutique projects, Deniz REIT has realized cooperation for its first project Le Chic Bodrum with Kaya Holding which operates across a number of sectors including tourism in particular.
- DenizBank offers its customers the opportunity to pay their Motor Vehicle Tax payments in 6 instalments with zero interest and free of charge via “DenizKartım” application using DenizBonus Retail and Business Credit Cards from 1 July to 4 August.
- DenizBank Investment Services Group carried the first online algorithmic operation platform of Turkey to the pocket of the investor. It is now easier to access simple, secure and applicable investment strategies with ALGOLAB Mobile which will support the implementation of investment decisions of customers, let them save time and robotize the process entirely.
- Popular Art Association (POPSAV) is organizing an online music festival during Eid for music sector employees who get negatively affected from Covid-19 pandemic period.
- Treating support for agriculture as a national matter and ranking number one among the private banks with a market share that is over 45%, DenizBank keeps supporting producers in every area. Within this scope, the Bank is organizing innovative campaigns to celebrate May 14 World Farmers Days.
- fastPay has realized the cooperation which provides contactless payment facility via mobile phone in purchases at Migros and Macrocenter which are among the leading supermarket chains of the retail sector in Turkey.
- Having just initiated the Nefes Loan Facility of up to TL 6 Billion for SMEs, offering 7.5% interest rate and 2 years of maturity, in collaboration with TOBB (The Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey), DenizBank has secured USD 175 Million (TL 1.25 Billion) funds from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). The facility will be lent to support small and medium scale agribusinesses, to finance small and medium sized municipalities and to back importing of raw materials and semi-finished products with export purposes, which is a key necessity for our country.
- In an effort to contribute to the restriction of the economic impacts of the Coronavirus pandemic, DenizBank has become a participant bank in its ‘TOBB Nefes Loan’ which was launched to offer low-interest loan to SMEs within the scope of Economic Stability Shield Package which is conducted under the coordination of Ministry of Treasury and Finance as announced by the President’s office.
- DenizBank announced that it allocated 10 million TL resource with an aim of supporting solidarity campaign initiated to fight against COVID-19 pandemic.
- DenizBank won 12 awards, including 3 gold, 5 silver and 4 bronze awards, in ‘Sales and Customer Services Awards’ organized by Stevie Awards, one of the globally respected award companies around the world, where institutions from more than 40 countries around the world compete with each other with their sales and customer satisfaction-oriented approaches in the banking sector. In addition to these awards, the Bank was able to win another award by getting the most of votes in the category of "Most Favored Customer Services" in the field of Financial Services, which the Bank participated for the first time.
- DenizBank continues its activities to provide tailor made solutions to financial needs of pensioners. The bank offers the opportunity of gaining cash up to 1000 TL to pensioner customers who guarantee to get their salary from DenizBank for 3 years.
- For the purpose of overcoming short term financial problems of customers as Corona pandemic challenges the economic conditions, DenizBank announced its decision to defer the principal, interest and instalment payments by 30 April upon request.
- DenizBank stated that it would initiate the Check Payment Support Loan and Economic Stability Shield Loan Support programmes announced by the Banking Association of Turkey to minimize the effects of Corona virus pandemic on employment, production, trade and payment system for its SME, corporate and commercial customers as of 30 March 2020.
- Considering the development of sports and making it popular across the nation its social responsibility and being the number one financial supporter for the sector, DenizBank has become the main sponsor of all men’s National Football Teams upon signing a cooperation agreement which will last for 3 years.
- Through the new cooperation with COLIN’S - the leading branch of ready to wear sector- fastPay now offers customers contactless payment via their mobile phones at store purchases.
- Offering the information technology services needed by the financial sector with an innovative perspective, Intertech undertook an initiative for female students in high school ages in order to increase employment of women in the information technologies sector. The institution hosted 60 girls from Halil Rıfat Paşa Mesleki Teknik Anadolu Lisesi, providing them with the opportunity to experience business life.
- Signing a cooperation that will expand its support for sports with its innovative product fastPay, DenizBank has become the title sponsor for Istanbul WildCats Europe, the largest e-sport club in Turkey, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Having been a supporter of culture and arts since its establishment, DenizBank launched “The Diary of Our Women” project directed by Nebil Özgentürk, which is like a moment of silence for the women who have left their mark on social life since the first day of the Republic.
- DenizBank offers an opportunity of interest-free and free-of-charge 3 instalments for customers who pay their Motor Vehicle Taxes via DenizBonus Retail Credit Cards and Business Credit Cards between January 01-31, 2020.
- For the first time in the world, aiming to open up a space for children where they can enrich their imagination, DenizBank Children’s Opera staged its second production called ‘Wolfie Harikalar Operasında’ after ‘Papagenolar’.
- Turkey Small and Medium Scale Enterprises, Self-Employed and Freelance Managers Foundation (TOSYÖV) and DenizBank continue meetings across Turkey which they started in September 2016 with an aim of informing SMEs. In the framework of activities organized with the main sponsorship of DenizBank, 24Th meeting was held in Konya with a broad participation. At the meeting, incentives, financial opportunities and projects that will pave the way for SMEs are thoroughly handled.
- fastPay, Turkey’s largest digital wallet in terms of the number of users, has been renewed with solutions to improve the customer experience. FastPay, which provides an easier and faster user experience with its newly added features and design, has another new payment option.
- DenizBank secured her historical record syndicated loan of USD 1.1 billion from international markets. The loan, which is the largest fresh funding obtained by a Turkish bank in 2019, also strengthened the confidence in Turkish economy especially with its maturity up to two years. With the participation of 45 banks from 22 countries, the transaction became one of the most broadly participated syndicated loan facilities of the year. It is also worthy to note that this is the first time for European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to participate into a Syndicated Loan Facility of a Turkish Bank together with the consortium of international banks.
- Deniz Academy won awards in 3 areas in Stevie for Great Employers Awards 2019 contest with ‘3D - Sailor of Wavy Seas’ training program. The Acadmy received Gold Award in “The Best Professional Training of the Year” category, Silver Award in “The Best Training Development Strategy of the Year” category and Bronze Award in “The Best Labor Training and Development Success” category in the ceremony held in New York, with the in-class and online trainings organized as 144 sessions in 7 weeks as well as its practices reaching 5 thousand 500 employees around Turkey and the differences introduced in employee experience.
- DenizBank, breaking grounds in the finance sector with its knowledge in the field of technology and innovation, and Hepsiburada, the leading e-commerce platform of Turkey and the region, signed a cooperation that makes online shopping easier for everybody.
- ‘The 5th Black Week Istanbul Festival” was held with Sir Alfred Hitchcock theme between 22-23 November 2019 in Pera Palace Hotel in cooperation with DenizBank.
- The 9th International Resort Tourism Congress was held in Antalya between 27-28 November 2019 with the main sponsorship of DenizBank.
- Having supported the development and enhancement of sports in Turkey through various channels for long years, DenizBank has signed the Global Sponsorship Agreement with Euroleague Basketball, the most prestigious organization of European basketball at the level of clubs. With this partnership which will last for 6 years starting from the 2019-2020 season, the Bank will be global sponsor of Turkish Airlines Euroleague and 7DAYS EuroCup championships.
- DenizBank signed a cooperation which provides contact-free payment ease on mobiles, with Kahve Dünyası, serving in 36 cities of Turkey. Accordingly, fastPay users will be able to make fast, free and secure payments with QR codes produced on mobiles by turning them sidewards in their purchases in more than 200 Kahve Dünyası stores throughout Turkey and they will earn 10 TL fastPay balance right upon their first purchase.
- The 5th International Ankara Puppet Festival organized by Puppet Karagöz Stage and Performing Arts Association (KUKSADER) with partnership of Ankara University and main sponsorship of DenizBank started on Saturday, October 19.
- DenizBank has raised a two-fold record demand of TL 500 Million for the bills, which it plans to issue as TL 250 Million based on the Turkish Lira Overnight Reference Interest Rate (TLREF) on 4 September 2019.
- DenizBank continues to offer the advantage of paying less to fastPay users in utility bill payments by renewing the cooperation which it made with CK Enerji Boğaziçi Elektrik last year. In the scope of the agreement, CK Enerji Boğaziçi Elektrik Customers who pay their electricity bills through fastPay for the first time will be entitled to a 10% refund of the bill amount, up to 10 TL a month.
- Deniz Leasing was the first institution among non-bank institutions to issue bills based on the Turkish Lira Overnight Reference Interest Rate (TLREF). The demand for the bills planned to be issued by Deniz Leasing at the amount of TL 150 Million was higher than expected; and the amount of demand covered was TL 250 Million on 16 September 2019.
- DenizBank Children's Opera, which was launched by DenizBank in order to support children's involvement in social and cultural life, opened its curtains with professional opera soloists and talented child choir singers. DenizBank Children's Opera, a first in the field of opera and offering children an important platform to open up more space in which they can expand their imagination with their creativity, brings children's dreams to the stage with the play called ‘Papagenos’.
- DenizBank and Shell & Turcas signed a cooperation offering 6-month maturity and 0 interest in the fuel purchases to be realized with the Producer Card during October and continuing with a 5-month maturity and 0 interest advantage after October.
- Applications for the 4th DenizBank First Scenario First Movie Competition have begun which was actualized as an extension of DenizBank’s mission to enrich our country’s culture and art with Türsak Foundation cooperation.
- DenizBank offers interest-free and free-of-charge 3 instalments opportunity to its customers who make their Motor Vehicles Tax payments with DenizBonus credit cards and DenizBank Bonus Business until July 31, 2019.
- DenizBank made a cooperation with A101, which is visited by almost 3.5 million people daily in Turkey, to provide ease of contact-free payments with mobile phones in grocery shopping. Accordingly, fastPay users will be able to make fast, expense-free and secure payments when they shop in many A101 stores by simply turning their phones sidewards to produce square codes.
- DenizBank developed “Inflation-Indexed Housing Loan” for consumers who want to buy houses and benefit from positive changes of interest rates in housing loans. Accordingly, consumers expecting a decrease in inflation rates and desiring the housing loan interest rates to decrease in line with the inflation rates will have the opportunity to use “Inflation-Indexed Housing Loan” up to 120 months maturity with the interest rate indexed to CPI + 0.5 monthly.
- DenizBank disclosed to public their successful results for 2019 Q1, which demonstrate that the bank maintains to grow both financially and operationally. Accordingly, with over 14 thousand employees in 753 branches all around 81 cities of Turkey, the bank continued to add value with TL 200 Billion asset size.
- Within the scope of 24 May World Schizophrenia Day, DenizBank’s exhibition hall GaleriDeniz hosted “Görmezden Gelmeyelim (Let’s Not Ignore) - Schizophrenia from Prehistoric Times to the Present” exhibition which was prepared by contributions of Abdi İbrahim Otsuka and reached more than 2 million people in many regions of Turkey for 4 years.
- DenizBank developed the DenizBank Inflation Protected TL Time Deposit Product, which provides return opportunity over inflation for savings holders who wish to invest their savings in TL deposits. Accordingly, savings holders who want to utilize their savings in Turkish Lira deposits without any withholding deduction for maturities longer than 1 year will be able to get interest income up to CPI + 4 on their TL time deposits.
- DenizBank Mobile Truck completed its journey of 15 days where they provided healthcare information services and breeding and finance trainings to the farmers in the villages of center of Tekirdag and the districts of Muratli, Hayrabolu and Malkara and in Istanbul, Silivri, with the joint sponsorhip of AXA Sigorta and support of Önder Farmer Project.
- Having started to use robotic technology in investment transactions, DenizBank Investment Services Group launched ALGOLAB, which is the first on-line algorithmic investment platform of Turkey, in order to simplify the investment decision processes of its customers, to save time spent on managing their investments and to allow them to fully robotize their investments.
- In line with its vision to provide support to the development of agriculture, which is taken as a national issue, all around Turkey, DenizBank reached up to the villages in Istanbul and Tekirdag with its “Mobile Truck”, with the participation and support of AXA Sigorta and Önder Farmer Project, and began to give first-hand trainings on health, finance and breeding.
- Galatasaray Sports Club and DenizBank started an important cooperation which will lay the foundation of the cash-free, easy and safe payment period with fastPay at Ali Sami Yen Sports Complex Türk Telekom Stadium, the stores and the snack bars around the stadium and the GS Store.
- DenizBank undertook an important initiative in collaboration with Yeni Yüzyıl University Gaziosmanpaşa Hospital and supported the establishment of the ‘Women's Cancer Center’. At the first stage, 5 thousand women will have free screening for breast cancer, which is one of the most frequent health problems that women face in Turkey, through which it is aimed to draw attention to the importance of early diagnosis.
- DenizBank and Zorlu Enerji have signed a cooperation agreement that provides consumers with the advantage of paying their electricity bills from the fastPay application with a discount over 10 percent of the invoice amount, up to 10 TL, as well as providing an additional 10 percent bonus to fastPay top-ups via DenizBank credit card.
- DenizBank disclosed to public their successful results for 2018 Q4, which demonstrate that the bank maintains to grow both financially and operationally. Accordingly; with nearly 14 thousand employees in 754 branches all around 81 cities of Turkey, the bank continued to add value with TL 197 Billion assets within 2018.
- DenizBank and Enerjisa signed an important collaboration to provide consumers with the advantage of a 10% refund of the invoice amount up to TL 10 per month for consumers who will pay their electricity bill from fastPay application in 14 provinces.
- DenizBank combined forces with 12 other banks within the scope of KOBI Deger (SME Value) project with the support of Undersecretariat of Treasury and Credit Guarantee Fund with the aim of financing SMEs and therefore investing in the future of Turkish economy.
- Awards Distributed in DenizBank First Scenario First Film Contest
- Winners of the 3rd DenizBank First Scenario, First Film Contest, organized with the collaboration of DenizBank and TURSAK (Turkish Foundation of Cinema and Audiovisual Culture) have been rewarded with a ceremony held at Raffles Hotel on 4th December.
- We announced our successful 2018 Q3 results, which demonstrate that we are sustaining our growth both financially and operationally. Accordingly, in the first 9 months of 2018, with our 761 branches throughout 81 Turkish provinces and also abroad, and almost 14 thousand employees, our assets have reached 213 Billion TL.
- 4th Istanbul Black Week Festival Welcomed Crime Fiction Lovers with the Sponsorship of DenizBank
- The 4th Istanbul Black Week Festival was held in Pera Palace Hotel once again with the main sponsorship of DenizBank with the main theme of famous the legendary crime fiction character Mike Hammer.
- Historical toys in the Toy Museum became alive with the sponsorship of DenizBank
- With the main sponsorship of DenizBank, Istanbul Toy Museum hosted an arena theatre named Helikon, which combined many different elements of performing arts, including dance, pantomime and music.
- 8th International Tourism Resort Congress was held in Antalya with the sponsorship of DenizBank
- The 8th International Tourism Resort Congress was held in Antalya with the main sponsorship of DenizBank for the 8th time.
- DenizBank offers 5% discount in electricity bills when paid with fastPay
- DenizBank has signed a cooperation agreement with Akedaş Elektrik Perakende Satış A.Ş. and is offering a 5% discount in power bills for consumers paying their bills through fastPay.
- DenizBank launched the first credit card with MasterCard Silver Logo - “DenizPrivate Limited Edition”
- DenizBank renewed DenizPrivate, and launched DenizPrivate Limited Edition with MasterCard Silver Logo, which is used by the highest segment cardholders in the world, for the use of Private Banking customers. The new DenizPrivate Limited Edition has a vertical design customized with the initials of the cardholder, and it provides special advantages for the users with both domestic and foreign privileges it offers.
- Special October 15th Gift from DenizBank to Women Farmers
- Approaching agricultural support as a national concern, DenizBank celebrated the World Women Farmers Day by bearing the first premium payment of the women farmers applying for Private Pension System with Producer Card, and by providing 150 TL discount to women farmers buying Çiftçi Sağlığım Tamam insurance.
- DenizBank offers 5% discount in electricity bills when paid with fastPay
- DenizBank has signed a cooperation agreement with Yeşilırmak Elektrik Perakende Satış A.Ş. (YEPAŞ) and Aras Elektrik Perakende Satış A.Ş. (EPSAŞ) and is offering a 5% discount in power bills for consumers paying their bills through fastPay.
- Puppet theaters were in Ankara with the sponsorship of DenizBank
- The 4th International Ankara Puppet Fest, organized by Tiyatro tempo and Ankara University with the main sponsorship of DenizBank hosted puppet theaters from nine different countries and three different cities between October 12-21, 2018.
- DenizBank renewed its cooperation with Istanbul Bar Association, the Largest Bar Association in the World
- DenizBank has renewed its cooperation with Istanbul Bar Association – the largest in the world, for another 3 years to offer special financial solutions to lawyers.
- We have announced our successful results for 2018 Q2 to the public, proving that we have sustained both our financial and operational growth. In this respect, we continued to create value for Turkey and preserved our strong position in the market with 756 branches across 81 cities of Turkey and abroad, more than 14,000 employees and 186 billion TL assets.
- DenizBank and Foder have taught finance to 10 thousand students in 3 months
- In the scope of the vision to serve Turkey’s future, Denizbank has been carrying out studies to improve financial awareness and saving habits of young people and has supported the Parameter modüle related to banking trainings of Parayön Project which was organized by Foder to make high school and university students financial literacy.
- DenizBank offers 5% discount advantage in electricity bill payments through fastPay
- DenizBank made a cooperation agreement with CK Enerji Boğaziçi Elektrik, CK Enerji Akdeniz Elektrik and CK Enerji Çamlıbel Elektrik, offering 5 percent discount in electricity bill payments through fastPay, the innovative payment application.
- DenizBank broke grounds with the Data Science Program in Turkey
- DenizBank, focusing on big data concept in its operations to improve customer experience, launched the Data Science Training Program to raise professional colleagues both specialized in the banking sector and data science, breaking grounds in Turkey.
- Between August 4-8, 2018, Bodrum Music Festival hosted distinguished orchestras, communities and soloists of Turkey and the world with contributions of DenizBank, Turkcell, Audi and D-Marin and the founding support of Doğuş Group.
- We have announced our successful results for 2018 Q1 to the public, proving that we have sustained both our financial and operational growth. In this respect, we continued to create value for Turkey with 751 branches across 81 cities of Turkey and abroad, more than 14,000 employees and 169 billion TL assets.
- Inter-Vision, developed by Turkish engineers at InterTech, has been the choice of HSBC Turkey
- InterTech, serving in the field of information technologies with a staff of Turkish engineers all of whom are specialized in IT, has moved the existing banking system of HSBC Turkey to Inter-Vision Integrated Banking Platform in a record period like 2 years.
- As the leading private bank in agriculture, DenizBank has celebrated the Farmers Day at Deniz Tower
- DenizBank, who considers supporting agriculture as a national responsibility and is a leading bank in agriculture among private banks, has celebrated the Farmers Day at Deniz Tower with a set of events.
- DenizBank offers 5% discount advantage in electricity bill payments through fastPay
- DenizBank made a cooperation with Limak Enerji Uludağ Elektrik, offering 5 percent discount in electricity bill payments through fastPay, the innovative payment application.
- “Bizim Köyün Şarkısı” has met with the audience under the main sponsorship of DenizBank
- The movie “Bizim Köyün Şarkısı”, coming to theaters with the main sponsorship of DenizBank and starring only by children for the first time has been welcomed with interest by movie-lovers.
- DenizBank, TOBB (The Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey) and KGF Collaboration to Relieve SMEs
- DenizBank has, for the second time, supported the second “Nefes Project” as the only private bank together with TOBB and KGF, to support the growth of SMEs’ business and to relieve them.
- We have announced our successful results for 2017 Q4 to the public, proving that we have sustained both our financial and operational growth. In this respect, we continued to create value for our country with 740 branches across 81 cities Turkey and abroad, more than 14,000 employees and 160 billion TL assets.
- Works of Atelier Passage have been introduced to art-lovers at GaleriDeniz for the first time
- DenizBank, who considers supporting the culture and arts in Turkey as a social responsibility, has exhibited the art works of Atelier Passage – a one-year production program of Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University- at GaleriDeniz.
- DenizBank combined its resources with giants of Turkey for Turkish Shared Payment Platform
- DenizBank has established the Turkish Shared Payment Platform by combining its resources with giant banking, telecommunication, transportation and finance companies of Turkey with the support of the Republic of Turkey Prime Ministry and the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure. The purpose is to make all payment transactions such as money transfer, shopping, transportation etc. on a single platform with collaboration of Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality/Belbim, Denizbank, PTT A.Ş., Turkcell, Türk Telekom and Vakıf Katılım.
- Winners of 9th Agriculture and Human Photography Contest Have Been Named
- The award ceremony was held for the “Agriculture and Human” Photography Contest, organized for the 9th time this year by the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock with the sponsorship of DenizBank. The contest has been organized every year since 2009; 4,861 people have participated in the contest up to now with 21,193 works and 166 works have been awarded.
- DenizBank Pensioner Consultancy Center - the contact point for all questions about retirement
- In order to provide free consultancy services to customers for every question about retirement, DenizBank has founded the first Pensioner Consultancy Center that has a bank’s support behind.
- GaleriDeniz greets art fans with Gl’onze Exhibition
- Considering its support to culture and arts its social responsibility, DenizBank held the opening of the exhibition with a special invitation joined by many prominent figures from business, culture-arts, sports and media world. Exclusive for the invite, GaleriDeniz hosted guests for the first time in Gl’onze which was made up of many works of the artists Ayşen Savcı and Ayşın İşeri Workshop artists, presenting the viewers the best examples of glass and bronze art.
- We announced our successful Q3/2017 results showing that we sustained our growth in both financial and operational terms to the public. Accordingly, our consolidated assets reached 152 billion TL with 740 branches in total and close to 15 thousand employees across 81 provinces in Turkey and including abroad.
- 2ND DenizBank First Script First Movie Competition Awards are Granted
- Winners of 2nd DenizBank First Script First Movie competition organized with the cooperation of TÜRSAK were granted their awards in a ceremony organized in Raffles Hotel on 15 November.
- DenizBank supports 3rd Black Week Istanbul Festival
- Having assumed as its mission of bringing together culture and arts with the wide segments of society, DenizBank gathered many world-famous names of detective novels, supporting the 3rd Black Week Istanbul Festival this year as well.
- Support of tourism, DenizBank becomes the title sponsor of Resort Tourism Congress for the 7th time
- Carrying out its activities with the mission of providing benefit for the future of Turkey and betterment of human being and assuming as its national duty of being the permanent support of the tourism sector in this context, DenizBank assumed the title sponsorship of International Resort Tourism Congress for the seventh time..
- Innovation to contribute to agricultural efficiency from DenizBank
- Combining its know-how in innovation with its expertise in agriculture DenizBank launched “Denizden Toprağa” mobile application designed as the smart consultant for the producer in the field. The application presents a platform in which farmers have a single-click access to all the information they might need to cultivate their crops more efficiently, keep track of their fields, never miss the updates in the sector and most importantly can ask limitless number of questions to agronomists any time they need and free of charge.
- Innovation award by BAI to DenizBank’s ‘Smart Workforce Management’
- DenizBank achieved a significant success in USA-centered Bank Administration Institute (BAI)- one of the most respectable institutes worldwide in the Banking management area in financial service sector- awards in 2017. The Bank received an award in the category of “Innovation in In-house Processes’ with ‘Smart Workforce Management’ developed with its technology base Intertech.
- Script Doctoring panel is hosted by DenizBank
- DenizBank hosted Script Doctoring Panel within the scope of 2nd DenizBank First Script First Movie Competition launched with TÜRSAK Association. During the panel moderated by the director Ümit Ünal, along with the American director & script writer David Bourla and Chinese director & script writer Qingxiu Yan and Dean Yu, Turkish dramaturgist Yeşim Gökçe shared her experiences with young script writes on the subject of script writing and script doctoring.
- Another first marked by Deniz: ‘Send Checks to Deniz’
- DenizFactoring launched a mobile application called “Send Checks to Deniz’, a mobile app putting factoring transactions in customer’s pocket. Thus, all bank customers can quickly find out the cash equivalent of their invoiced checks by sending them DenizFactoring for 24/7 through digital channel without waiting for the maturity and access cash from the closest DenizBank branch.
- DenizBank celebrates its 20th year anniversary in a glamorous night
- DenizBank celebrated its 20th year of its foundation in an event organized in Zorlu Center, Istanbul which was joined by the prominent figures from business world, culture-arts and media world. Denizbank’s 20-year old success story as well as its vision fort he future were shared with about 2000 guests in this special night.
- We announced our successful Q2/2017 results showing that we sustained our growth in both financial and operational terms to the public. Accordingly, our consolidated assets reached 147 billion TL with 747 branches in total and close to 15 thousand employees across 81 provinces in Turkey and including abroad.
- Two International Excellence Award to DenizBank Human Resources Management
- Two International Excellence Award to DenizBank Human Resources Management
- A commercial character becomes a TV show actor the first time in Turkey
- Another first practice in capital markets comes from DenizBank
- Leading innovations in investment services and practices, Deniz Yatırım Menkul Kıymetler A.Ş. implemented the ‘T+0’ practise which enables the stock sale amount to be immediately transferred to the customer accounts in order to facilitate the lives of customers trading stocks. Thus, customers are able to use the Money deposited in their accounts as of the moment they sell their stocks for 24/7 by simply logging into online Banking.
- We announced our successful Q1/2017 results showing that we sustained our growth in both financial and operational terms to the public. Accordingly, our consolidated assets reached 143 billion TL with 739 branches in total and close to 15 thousand employees across 81 provinces in Turkey and including abroad during Q1/2017.
- Full support to farmers for the development of agriculture from DenizBank
- A pioneer among the private banks in the agriculture sector, DenizBank realized a series of campaigns tol ast throughout May on the occasion of Farmers’ Day. Within this scope, along with the advantages it provides in agricultural loan and insurance products, it also realized the second year of Kite Festival for the future farmers, flying 5 thousand kites and 50 thousand balloons in many villages and towns.
- The Most Creative Capital Market Project Award goes to Deniz Investment
- With the most widespread branch network in Turkey, Deniz Investment was granted “the Most Creative Capital Market Award” through its Investment Protection and Incentive Applications within the scope of Turkish Capital Markets Union Capital Markets Award.
- Denizbank lends the first rediscount loan in Chinese Yuan in Turkey
- Taking an important step on the way to use local currency as part of the Foreign Trade Mobilization, DenizBank became the first bank lending a rediscount loan in Chinese Yuan to the real sector in cooperation with Central Bank of Republic of Turkey.
- We announced our successful Q4/2016 results showing that we sustained our growth in both financial and operational terms to the public. Accordingly, our consolidated assets reached 136 billion TL with 737 branches in total and close to 15 thousand employees across 81 provinces in Turkey and including abroad.
- We announced our successful 2016 Q3 results, which demonstrate that we are sustaining our growth both financially and operationally.
- Providing end-to-end services in Banking, Intertech has opened their new building in Technopark
- Providing efficient Information Technology products and services (mainly financial software development services) for many sectors, Intertech has opened their new building in Technopark Istanbul, established on an area of 18.385m2 where almost thousand employees are located.
- DenizBank is Global #1 in Innovation
- DenizBank wins the title “Most Innovative Bank of the World” in 2016 BAI Banking Innovation Awards organized by the US Bank Administration Institute (BAI), which is one of the most prestigious institutions in the world in the financial services sector in terms of the banking management. In 2014, the Bank won the “Most Innovative Bank of the World” award in the same platform, and in 2015 they won the title “Global Leader of Innovation” in EFMA Awards. In this sense, DenizBank is the first company in Turkey to win 3 big global prizes in 3 years.
- DenizBank wins Eli Aciman Advertisement Copy Special Award in Kristal Elma Festival
- The Mother’s Day celebration message that DenizBank published on the social media, which was “Next to your name is written your father’s surname, but it is your mother’s maiden surname which is still protecting you”, won Eli Aciman Advertisement Copy Special Award.
- fastPay has signed a cooperation with ComPay, which provides a payment platform through internet banking channels. Through this cooperation, fastPay users will be able to make online payments easily and safely with their fastPay balance through their credit cards defined in their mobile wallets or with their DenizBank accounts.
- Great Support for the Turkish Cinema with the cooperation of DenizBank and TÜRSAK
- In line with its mission to bring the culture and art to all sections of the society, DenizBank organizes the 2nd DenizBank First Scenario, First Film Contest with the cooperation of TÜRSAK Foundation. This year, the scope of the contest has expanded even further. Within the scope of social responsibility vision, DenizBank constantly works to make all kinds of cultural and artistic activities accessible by the public. Accordingly, the Bank organizes the second leg of the “First Scenario, First Film Contest”, first leg of which was organized last year, with the partnership of the Turkish Cinema and Audiovisual Culture Foundation (TÜRSAK), which stands as a great support for the creation of eternal scenarios and works in the field of cinema.
- We announced our successful 2016 Q2 results, which demonstrate that we are sustaining our growth both financially and operationally.
- Football fans with DenizBank Fenerbahçe Bonus Card meet the star players of Fenerbahçe
- DenizBank organized a special campaign for the customers with FB Bonus Card so that they can meet their admired Fenerbahçe players during their training thanks to their DenizBank FB Bonus Card. Accordingly, the cardholders who spend 75 TL and its multiples at one time with their DenizBank FB Bonus Card between July 1 and August 31 will have a right to drawing within the scope of the campaign.
- DenizBank AG gets the “High Customer Satisfaction” award for the second successive time
- Serving to a wide customer base with its deep-rooted structure in Austria and Germany, DenizBank AG has been given the “High Customer Satisfaction” award by Finance and Marketing Association based in Austria for the second successive time thanks to its customer-centered quality service approach.
- DenizBank gets 2 big awards from Mastercard
- Accomplishing successful works with innovative and leading practices in the sector, DenizBank continues to make influence with the awards in domestic and foreign platforms. The bank achieved another significant success, getting awarded in “Sales Awards” and “Marketing Special Award” categories of Mastercard’s Catalyst 2016 event.
- We have announced our successful results of 2016 Q1 proving that we sustain both financial and operational growth.
- Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra DenizBank Concerts are closing the season with world-famous composer Eleni Karaindrou.
- Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra Denizbank Concerts are closing 2015-2016 season with an unforgettable feast of art. Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra conducted by Maestro Ender Sakpınar will accompany the world-famous Greek composer Eleni Karaindrou in the concert that will take place on May 26 in the magnificent acoustic and atmosphere of Aya İrini.
- Quarter Finals of CEV DenizBank Volleyball Women Championship League took place in Montichiari
- Quarter Finals of CEV DenizBank Volleyball Women Championship League were played in Montichiari, Italy on April 9-10. High level of competitions were observed throughout the finals, and the championship was won by the Italian team Pomi Casalmaggiore.
- Quarter Finals of CEV DenizBank Volleyball Men Championship League took place in Poland
- Quarter Finals of CEV DenizBank Volleyball Men Championship League were played in Poland on April 16-17. The cup was won by the Russian team Zenit Kazan.
- DenizBank has become the Main Sponsor for the Community Volunteers Foundation
- Within the framework of social responsibility mission, DenizBank believes that supporting the youth is investing in Turkey. With this perspective, the Bank has become the main sponsor for the Community Volunteers Foundation which operates in 77 provinces of Turkey. With this cooperation, many different projects of the young members of the Foundation will be supported throughout the country, and all the DenizBank personnel within Turkey will have the opportunity to support this project voluntarily.
- We announced our successful 2015 Q4 results, which demonstrate that we are sustaining our growth both financially and operationally.
- New ‘WhatsApp’ era in accessing DenizBank Contact Center
- DenizBank makes a difference through the applications it develops in line with the needs of its customers; and the Bank has introduced another new fashion in the banking sector by enabling access to the Contact Center through WhatsApp for its Private Banking customers, who will be able to access 444OZEL Private Banking Contact Center and receive service through WhatsApp messages with the phone number 0530 855 6935.
- Giant POS and ATM Cooperation of the innovative bank DenizBank and UnionPay
- One of the global leading card brands, UnionPay cooperated with one of the strongest banks of Turkey, DenizBank, for a very important project. With this cooperation, all ATM and POS machines of DenizBank will accept UnionPay cards from now on.
- Studies have been initiated for ‘DenizBank Mortgage Service Center’
- DenizBank has opened its first ‘Mortgage Service Center’ in Esenyurt, Istanbul, with the aim of providing faster and quality services to its mortgage loan customers and of enhancing its relations with the real estate agencies.
- UnionPay, one of the leading card institutions of the world, has joined forces with us. In line with the project completed between the two institutions, DenizBank will accept UnionPay cards in all its ATMs and POS.
- We announced our third quarter financials of 2015 putting forward our success both in terms of finance and in terms of operations.
- We won the highly acclaimed and prestigious “Global Innovator of the Year” award at the 2015 Global Distribution & Marketing Innovation Awards granted by the European Financial Management Association (EFMA), an association of more than 3000 banks and finance institutions from 130 countries, and Accenture, a management consultancy company.
- We signed a collaboration agreement with the Bank of China. With the agreement, it is aimed to ensure collaboration in foreign trade, mergers and acquisitions of investors, trade with local currency and provide support for large infrastructure projects.
- We announced our second quarter financials of 2015 putting forward our success both in terms of finance and in terms of operations.
- We signed a cooperation protocol with the Federation of Family Physicians Associations. With this agreement, all family physicians in Turkey will be able to benefit from DenizBank Affluent Banking privileges.
- We won the tender for the restructuring and operation of Istanbul Grand Airport which will become the biggest airport in Turkey. In the project which has a budget of 500 million Euro and repayment period of 16 years, it is foreseen to extend a loan of 30 million Euro for the financing of working capital.
- We won a Golden Effie in the category of “differentiating locally” thanks to the communication studies including “A smile on every farmer’s face” campaign in 2015 Effie Turkey Advertisement Event Contest.
- We added another one to new generation products and services pioneering the sector. Customers will now be able to access e-government gateway without a password by using Açıkdeniz Internet Banking and carry out transactions..
- We announced our first quarter financials of 2015 putting forward our success both in terms of finance and in terms of operations.
- DenizBank which has always attached considerable importance to the strategic importance of agriculture in our country which is the seventh biggest agriculture economy in the world realized these works with the perspective which is based on “A smile on every farmer’s face” approach.
- DenizBank Call Center, which continues to work for adding value to the lives of the customers and being accessible to them at any time and place they might require, broke new grounds with its innovative perspective in the finance sector and realized access to Call Center via Skype.
- Sponsoring CEV DenizBank Volleyball Champions for three years as of 2013, Men Final Four League excitement came to an end in Berlin on March 28-29, while Women Final Four League completed in Poland, on April 4-5.
- With our sales and customer satisfaction oriented approaches in the banking sector, we were granted 6 gold, 6 silver and 7 bronze awards in “Awards for Sales and Customer Service” in which more than 2.000 corporations from 65 countries competed and which was organized by Stevie Awards, one of the most prestigious global award organizations.
- We announced our fourth quarter financials of 2014 putting forward our success both in terms of finance and in terms of operations.
- Applications are now open for the competition “Adding value to agriculture” realized by the Ministry of Food Agriculture and Livestock of the Republic of Turkey and sponsored by Our Bank.
- We held our photo contest named “Agriculture & People” organized for the 6th time by Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock which we are proud to support since day once as DenizBank.
- Our bank has gifted 2014 model Tümosan branded tractors to 10 clients who use their Producer Cards in scope of the campaign organized throughout Turkey between 31 May- 31 October. The clients received their tractors in an awards ceremony from the campaign organized in honor of the 10th year anniversary of Producer Card.
- DenizBank Private Banking was awarded “Best Private Banking of Turkey” by Global Banking and Finance Review which is one of the prominent publishing of international arena in finance circles.
- We were chosen “Most Innovative Bank of the Year” at BAI Banking Innovation Awards of 2014 given in the field of innovation by Bank Administration Institute (BAI) and USA Banks Association quartered in the USA as one of the most prestigious institutions in the world in financial services sector and banking management.
- Our Bank was awarded “Bank of the Year in Turkey by The Banker which is a prestigious publishing institution in the finance sector.
- We announced our third quarter financials of 2014 putting forward our success both in terms of finance and in terms of operations.
- Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra DenizBank Concerts 2014-2015 season started off with a concert performed under the conducting of famous maestro Gürer Aykal in its 69th year. Opening of IDSO DenizBank concerts took place at the extraordinary atmosphere of Hagia Irene on October 1, 2014.
- Fastpay, the innovative payment system application of our Bank came first in “Best Customer Experience” in EFMA Accenture Distribution and Marketing Innovation Awards which is a prestigious organization in world finance sector.
- Thanks to its innovative approaches in banking sector, our Bank was granted 3 gold and 6 bronze awards in “International Business Awards”, one of the most prestigious global organizations of the business world in which banks from Turkey competed as well as participants from more than 60 countries.
- We have been announced among the finalists at 2014 BAI - Finacle Global Banking Innovation Awards, granted by the Bank Administration Institute (BAI), and American Bankers Association (ABA), the U.S. based prestigious institutions of financial services sector in terms of banking management in 3 different categories with 5 innovation projects. Our Bank managed to be the only Turkish bank to reach the final out of 8 institutions that participated from Turkey in the organization to which over 120 global financial institutions applied with 200 applications.
- We disclosed our successful results for the second quarter of 2014 indicating that we continued our financial and operational growth.
- The 11th International Bodrum Ballet Festival, which took place between the dates of 7-21 August 2013 with the contribution of our Bank, welcomed art lovers at home of Princess of Karia, the Bodrum Castle, with the sense of aesthetics, arts and the magical language of ballet.
- BPM (Business Processes Management) Program, which covers all business processes our Bank actualized in line with customer satisfaction target and defines the ownership of these processes, received two international awards. The Program received the “Best Organizational Communication Award” from The League of American Communications Professionals (LACP) and “Best Customer Focus” Award from the Best Business Awards, which is another prestigious organization in the world.
- With “Tayfun Talipoğlu – DenizBank Agricultural Talks” we realized within the scope of the 10th anniversary of the Producer Card, we met farmers at approximately 200 locations in Turkey and covered a distance of 15 thousand kilometers and completed our agricultural journey.
- Our Bank received the first prize in the category of “Best HR Strategy from Overseas” at HR Excellence Awards 2014, the prestigious organization of the United Kingdom.
- The 5th International Istanbul Opera Festival, organized by Directorate General of State Opera and Ballet and sponsored by our Bank, came to an end after a two-week artistic feast with the deep interest of art lovers. Followed by 11 thousand people in the audience, the festival ended with the Gala Concert starring the world famous Russian baritone Dmitri Hvorostovsky.
- One of the most active banks of the securitization market, DenizBank has secured a new long term source in scope of securitization based on transfer flows. DenizBank secured a securitization loan at the amount of 360 million Dollars where EIB and EBRD were investors, under the leadership of HSBC Bank Plc, Standard Chartered Bank and Sberbank Europe AG.
- We announced our successful results for 2014 Q1, showing our continuous financial and operational growth.
- Within the scope of our collaboration of more than 10 years with Galatasaray Club, we realized a signing ceremony to meet the Club’s working capital requirements and to realize the refinancing of their loans, within the USD 165 Million credit line we recently established.
- Drawing attention with innovative applications in financial leasing sector, DenizLeasing realized another breakthrough and announced that they would establish Fleet Leasing Department within the company.
- Within the 10th anniversary of Producer Card, the events to be organized at 50 different locations in Turkey with “Tayfun Talipoğlu – DenizBank Agriculture Talks” started from our Head Office.
- Working for the sustainable growth of SMEs, our Bank offered two separate bundles – Insurance and Vera Bundle – to customers with the “Select One” Credit Campaign, to make their lives easier.
- Final Four matches of CEV Volleyball Champions League, which we became the title sponsor in October 2013 after taking an important step for the representation of Turkish volleyball in Europe, were played in Baku for Women’s on March 15-16th and in Ankara for Men’s on March 22-23rd.
- We disclosed our successful results that demonstrate our sustainable financial and operational growth in Q4 of 2013.
- Our Bank has been granted the MasterCard Innovation Award thanks to its SME Card which was launched as a first in Turkey to add value to lives of SMEs.
- We established a collaboration with Yemeksepeti for our mobile wallet application, fastPay. Within this context, all fastPay users were provided the opportunity to get TL 5 refund for each of their TL 15 and above payments with fastPay on yemeksepeti.com until the end of March.
- Ekspres Yatırım joined forces with Deniz Yatırım that has the most extensive agency network in Turkey in order to cover investment banking needs of local and foreign clients from a single hand.
- In order to make life beautiful for pensioners, we realized a campaign for pensioners who transfer their salary to DenizBank where we give out 400 TL cash as a welcome gift and 50 TL in addition to those who download fastPay.
- Producer Card we realized to simplify lives of artisans was rewarded MasterCard Innovation Award by MasterCard which is a prestigious institution among international payment systems.
- In scope of our collaboration with Simit Sarayı through our mobile wallet application fastPay, users are offered a discount advantage for their payments of 7 TL and above when buying simit or tea if they use fastPay at Simit Sarayı branches.
- We started a new campaign to simplify lives of our customers with İstanbul Deniz Otobüsleri A.Ş. and Petrol Ofisi. When customers buy fuel at gas stations of merchant Petrol Ofisi’s that have Positive card infrastructure using their Sea & Miles Bonus credit card, they receive a 3% additional benefit over unit price of gas/fuel pumps.
- In line with support of our bank towards tourism sector, we signed a collaboration protocol with Union of Tourism Investors. The signing ceremony of the protocol was held with the participation of Minister of Culture of Tourism Mr. Ömer Çelik, Head of Union of Tourism Investors Mr. Murat Ersoy and our Board Member Mr. Alexander Vedyakhin.
- Documentary filmmaker Nebil Özgentürk who is the producer of “Diary of our Art” project that was realized by DenizKültür was awarded Sedat Simavi awards given out by Turkish Union of Journalists in the “television” category.
- Our application called “Credit with Direct Message through Twitter” we offered to customers for the first time in Turkish banking sector won the award of “Excellency” in Customer Experience in Financial Word Innovation Awards 2013.
- We realized a financial collaboration with Hungary Eximbank for 100 million EUR in line with our mission of supporting the development of the Turkish economy. Thus, we made external facilities from Hungary more advantageous and took a step in strengthening relations between Turkey and Hungary.
- We disclosed our successful results that demonstrate our sustainable financial and operational growth in Q3 of 2013 on November 7, 2013 via a press release.
- fastPay, our unique mobile wallet application received grand prize as “best payment system” in Banking Technology Awards 2013 held for the 14th time this year.
- We secured a syndicated loan at a record high amount in our history as 1 billion USD from international markets under the coordination of Sberbank, Standard Chartered and Wells Fargo.
- We developed a financing package for SMEs that have difficulty financing their projects at the first stage through KOSGEB; thus, while ensuring an additional financing to KOSGEB support, we started to provide financing as much as the unsupported amount of loans.
- Under the roof of Deniz Academy, we won the Best Award from ASTD (American Society for Training & Development) with our applications to guide our employees in development and training.
- We became the title sponsor of “CEV Volleyball Champions League” which is the most prestigious championship on a world volleyball scale. In scope of this collaboration where we carried the name of a Turkish Bank to the most prestigious volleyball championship of Europe, the tournament will be named as “CEV Volleyball Champions League” for 3 years as from 2014 season.
- Our call center was rewarded the “most innovative call center of the year” award at ICMI European Call Centre Awards thanks to the difference it creates by its innovative applications and customer experience.
- We actualized a strategic partnership with MoneyGram which is among the largest money transfer companies in the world. In scope of the collaboration we announced to the public through a press conference on September 9, 2013, we became the main agency of MoneyGram in Turkey; whether DenizBank customers or not, we offer everyone the opportunity to realize fast and easy money transfer.
- We offered another service to simplify the lives of consumers; we enabled FX trading transactions among EUR, TL and RUB in DenizBank ATMs.
- We were rewarded 1st price in three different categories in Innovation Awards of Technology and Transaction Banking organized by the Banker, namely “Technology project of the year in retail banking”, “innovation in mobile banking” and “innovation in social media”.
- We awarded Silver Prize in Stevie Awards for our Mobile Deniz application in “Benefit and Services” category.
- We developed “Credit with grace period in Bayram’s” to relive the debt burden of our clients in Bayram periods where expenditures increase.
- With the press release dated 6 August 2013, we have announced our successful results for second quarter of 2013 indicating our growth in both financial and operational fields.
- We became the main sponsor of International Bodrum Ballet Festival for the second time this year and introduced selected ballet works from Turkey and the world to lovers of art from August 7 to 21, 2013.
- With the ground-breaking agreement we had with Agricultural and Rural Development Support Institution, we started a leading service to make life easier for agricultural investors wishing to get support from IPARD. In this framework, our Bank provides support for preparation of application package, technical project and/or business plan for agricultural investors wishing to get grant support from Agricultural and Rural Development Support Institution.
- We added bonus feature onto our debit cards. Thus, all customers applying for a DenizBank debit card will earn bonus points with their new debit cards.
- We acquired the retail banking division of Citi Turkey after the legal approvals on July 1st, 2013. In this scope, we took over more than 600.000 customers, credit/receivables of 1.2 bn TL and portfolio including deposits of 1.6 bn TL from Citi Turkey retail banking division together with employees and branches while total number of our branches including subsidiaries reached 685 and our number of employees reached nearly 14 thousand.
- DenizBank call center won the award of “Greatest Job Creating a Culture that inspires world class Excellence” in 2013 Call Center Week Awards which rewards the greatest and highest quality call center solutions worldwide which is organized in USA based on dynamic, innovative and customer oriented business culture.
- Parallel to our understanding of providing innovative and special solutions to fulfill the needs of our customers, we undersigned a unique service in Turkey and actualized “Overdraft with 0% interest”. With this new service offered to SMEs, one can withdraw money from DenizBank ATMs with SME Cards on Sundays and repay on Monday without interest; thus utilize loan without interest for their weekend payments.
- Within the scope of our collaboration with the State Opera and Ballet, we assumed the main sponsorship of the International Istanbul Opera Festival for the fourth time and art lovers had the opportunity to see five opera productions and one gala concert, nine performances in total between the dates of June 25th and July 8th 2013.
- We publicly announced our successful 2013 Q1 results proving the continuity of our financial and operational growth with a press release on May 14, 2013.
- With the organizations we held in Istanbul, Mustafa Kemal Culture Center on May 20, 2013 and Bursa Hilton Hotel on May 6, 2013 within the scope of our collaboration with the Association of Pensioners of Turkey, we gathered with pensioners. Our guests had pleasant time with our Bank’s campaign face Beyazıt Öztürk and our Executive Vice President in charge of Retail Banking Group, Mr. Gökhan Ertürk and the Chairman of the Association of Pensioners of Turkey, Mr. Kazım Ergün also attended the event.
- We realized an important collaboration with Turkcell to facilitate the lives of agricultural producers throughout Turkey. Within the scope of the collaboration which we announced with the promotion meeting held on May 8, 2013, Wednesday, we offer the opportunity to producers with Turkcell operated mobile phones to give automatic payment order for their bills through Producer Card and postpone until harvest time with 0% interest rate.
- We signed a collaboration protocol with Gaziantep Chamber of Jewelers on May 28, 2013 and took a step ahead in our mission to provide the best service to our customers in gold banking.
- Our new commercials shot in the Maldives started to be broadcast on TV with the motto “Come on, get into the Sea because life is beautiful at Deniz”. The commercials starred our celebrities Beyazıt Öztürk, Erdal Özyağcılar and Sedef Avcı accompanied by others such as Tayfun Talipoğlu, Rüştü Reçber and Çetin Altay; the character “Cumartesi” realized by Özgür Ece Nalcı starring in the TV series ‘20 minutes’ became the biggest surprise of the island.
- We signed an agreement with Citibank A.Ş. to acquire retail banking business line of Citibank Turkey. The process encompassing acquisition of more than 600 thousand customers, 1.2 billion TL of assets and 1.5 billion TL deposits and the whole retail operations of Citi Turkey including employees and branches is expected to be finalized in 2013 Q3.
- Within the framework of dissemination meetings for producers, agribusinesses and entrepreneurs wishing to invest in agriculture, we met producers of Adana on 11 April 2013.
- We signed a cooperation protocol with Esinder Yapı A.Ş. about urban transformation. According to the protocol where our Bank offers many advantages from free consultancy to grace periods during construction period, no file handling fee, appraisal fee and mortgage fee will be charged to customers who want to borrow an urban transformation loan preferring DenizBank.
- In light of the experience we gained in SME Banking, we announced the Cashier POS we launched together with MT Information Technologies on March 6, 2013. We provided advantages in order for our SMEs to carry out their business more efficiently and practically under Cashier POS which represents a first in the world and in Turkey.
- We signed a “Collaboration Protocol” on March 22, 2013 with T.C. İstanbul Şişli Vocational High School which entered Turkish education system quickly and successfully, in order to support the Banking and Insurance Program students in their education and business lives.
- We met members of Turkish Pensioners Association on March 25, 2013 at Adana. Pensioners from Adana and Mersin had a lovely time in the organization held at Adana Hilton Hotel with our brand face Beyazıt Öztürk.
- We signed a credit agreement with Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) on March 27, 2013 at the amount of USD 25 million to increase energy efficiency in scope of Economic Growth and Environmental Protection Projects Global Action Program. Thus, we created a new source for SMEs interested in energy efficiency and sustainable energy.
- In line with our understanding to create a difference in the lives of our customers with our innovative products and services, we undersigned an important collaboration with Kiler Perakende and realized a co-branded card project. Our project in retail sector with Kiler partnership which shall grow the card portfolio of our bank with strong collaboration offers users the chance to collect bonuses from Kiler Kazanç Card besides all its benefits and opportunities of Bonus.
- We announced fastPay, which will change payment habits of all users radically whether DenizBank customers or not, on February 13th 2013. fastPay with which users can make money transfer 24/7 day & night and weekends with only their mobile phone number is unique in the sense of the features as “Send money with voice recognition” and “mobile payment at restaurants”.
- We signed a credit agreement with Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) on February 14, 2013 for an amount of 200 million Dollars. In this sense, we further strengthened our stance in the sector by increasing our product variety in foreign trade finance.
- By signing a collaboration protocol on February 14, 2013 with Bağcılar Municipality on urban transformation, we stopped charging file handling fees, appraisal and mortgage fees from customers who use urban transformation loan and offered many choices ranging from free of charge consultancy services to installment grace period through the construction time frame.
- On February 18th, we launched our “Konyaspor Bonus Card” special for Konya fans that support the colors of green and white.
- In line with our leadership in the field of innovation, we announced PaybyMe Card we launched together with leading payment systems Company PaybyMe in Turkey through a press conference organized at Point Hotel on February 19th 2013.
- We organized the gala event of “Diary of our Art” realized by DenizBank subsidiary DenizKültür and prominent documentary film maker Nebil Özgentürk which is a documentary exceeding 600 minutes and a book of 250 pages. In the gala we organized at Feriye Restaurant on February 19th 2013 on Tuesday, we announced that this project which is a tribute to great names that enrich culture, arts and literary lives in our country, will be aired on CNN Türk very shortly.
- We disclosed our successful results of Q4 proving our leadership in important fields of the Turkish economy with a press conference on February 22, 2013.
- We shared our collaboration on intermediation services for all banking transactions of Dedeman Holding with a press conference held at Dedeman Istanbul on January 8th, 2013, Tuesday. In scope of this collaboration where we carried the long term relationship of DenizBank and Dedeman to a much stronger platform, we agreed on project finance at the amount of 175 million Dollars including mostly projects.
- By realizing the collaboration on foreign trade financing between Malaysia Exim and DenizBank on January 18th 2013, we started offering long term and efficient costly financing for DenizBank customers importing from Malaysia. On this occasion, Malaysia Exim has signed a financing agreement with a Turkish bank for the first time.
- By signing a protocol on urban transformation with the Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning on January 21st, 2013, we stopped charging file handling fees, appraisal and mortgage fees from customers who use urban transformation loan by preferring DenizBank besides support to be given by the state.
- Under the roof of DenizAkademi which is a development center for our employees, we organized the 5th Guides of Deniz Summit where Beyazıt Öztürk was a special guest. This activity to which 100 internal trainers of DenizAkademi, our business partners, top management and university student representatives participated, hosted the fifth year anniversary of DenizAkademi.
- Within the framework of the events held on December 3rd for the share transfer, prominent businessmen of both countries attended the Russian-Turkish Business Leaders’ Summit realized at Four Seasons Hotel in the morning hours. In the afternoon, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed at the Prime Ministry Office in Dolmabahçe between the two countries with the attendance of Mr. Vladimir Putin, the President of the Russian Federation and Mr. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, our Prime Minister. In the evening of the same day, The Mariinsky Theatre Orchestra conducted by Maestro Valery Gergiev staged a performance at the spectacular celebration night at Haliç Congress Center. Besides the members of Russian and Turkish state protocol and names from the business world, our events were honored by the presence of Mr. Zafer Çağlayan, Minister of Economy and Mr. Egemen Bağış, Minister for EU Affairs and Chief Negotiator.
- DenizKültür, one of our subsidiaries, announced the unique work they realized with Nebil Özgentürk, the master in documentary film making, and the “Diary of our Art” project with the press conference held on December 28th.
- We announced our successful results for the third quarter on November 13th with a press release.
- On November 14th, we announced that we rolled over the syndicated loan which we secured with the participation of 37 banks from 20 countries by 21% compared to the previous year.
- We launched the “Manchester United Bonus Card” which we realized special for the Manchester United fans in Turkey with the press conference held on November 19th.
- Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra DenizBank concerts to which we are sponsors, started with a concert conducted by famous British maestro Andrew Greenwood in the 67th anniversary of the Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra on 5th of October.
- DenizBank received the Channel Innovation Award from the world’s most prestigious banking organization BAI - Finacle Global Banking Innovation Awards on October 11, 2012 among 152 candidates.
- We announced that we provide special 2B Land Purchase Credit on October 15 for the sale of lands in scope of 2B Law foreseeing the sale of lands belonging to treasury which are deforested.
- We witnessed a joyful race organized between 22-27 October in Bodrum Cup of which we are sponsors.
- We launched two new funds with one of them being 100% capital protected and the other estimating increase and decrease in oil prices to the public between 3-7 September.
- Quickly adapting to developing technologies and taking giant steps ahead of our competitors, our subsidiary Intertech received “Microsoft Country Partner" and "HP & Microsoft Frontline Partner" awards on September 3.
- We announced on September 26that our subsidiary Deniz Yatırım has started to carry out intermediation transactions as of July 2012 after forex markets were placed under audit of Capital Markets Board.
- Sberbank became our main shareholder as of September 28, 2012 after completion of the official approvals of the share purchase agreement.
- We disclosed our successful Q2 figures to the public on August 1st via a press conference.
- In scope of the sponsorship of International Bodrum Ballet Festival which we realized by extending our collaboration with State Opera and Ballet, we carried out the launch of the festival with a press conference held on August 6, 2012.
- We actualized the first Speech Recognition application of Turkish banking sector with GVZ Voice Verification technology we started in our Call Center on August 7.
- The 10th International Bodrum Festival to which we are sponsor performed “Bodrum Aşkı” performance and staged Die Leiden des jungen Werthers, Zorba the Greek, Harem, Blood Wedding and A Midsummer Night’s Dream performances for art lovers.
- On July 3, 2012 we delivered awards to students who came first in their Faculties at the graduation ceremony of Marmara University and shared their joy.
- On July 3rd, we hosted the promotion of the 3rd International Istanbul Opera Festival of which we are sponsors.
- We hosted Jose Cura at the 3rd International Istanbul Opera Festival to whom we are sponsor and opera lovers had the opportunity of enjoying IV. Murat, Yıldırım Bayezıd, Aşk-ı Memnu between the dates of 7-19 July.
- In the TORC races that we have sponsored for 5 years, we shared the excitement of the racers between 13-20 July and delivered to awards to the winners.
- We met real estate agents from many cities in Turkey at iftar dinners held between 25 July – 14 August in order to share the solutions designed especially for them.
- On 06 June in Çırağan Palace we held introductory meeting of 3rd International Opera Festival and 10th International Bodrum Ballet Festival, both of which we sponsor.
- On 08 June, Sberbank and our main shareholder Dexia signed the final agreement for sale of 99.85% of DenizBank shares to Sberbank in Çırağan Palace.
- DenizBank Cup, the 5th race of DenizBank – TAYK Trophy was held on Saturday, 9 June. The cup went to Levent Özgen and his team with the boat "Şef” in IRC I.
- We sponsored Turkey BEST Engineering Contest held on 4 – 5 – 6 May in Middle East Technical University.
- We sponsored GS Wheelchair Team during the European Championship on 4 – 5 – 6 May.
- We disclosed our 1st quarter financial results on 8 May.
- We sponsored GYODER Real Estate Summit on 11 May.
- Our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel delivered a presentation on "Global Economic Developments and Strategic Importance of Turkey” to Hatay Young Businessmen Association on 15 May. Gökhan Sun, DenizBank's EVP in charge of SME and Agricultural Banking gave information about DenizBank's services for SMEs.
- On 17 May, we held the first one of "Inventor SMEs” meetings where success stories of SMES are exchanged in Konya.
- We introduced the "İESOB Eskişehir City Card”, the joint project of DenizBank and İESOB to artisans of İzmir on Friday, 25 May. Artisans of İzmir had great time with our brand face Beyazıt Öztürk during the evening event organized.
- Champion teams of 2011 DenizBank-TORC Trophy received their awards during the ceremony held on 29 May in Boğaziçi University Alumni Association.
- "Sustainability Award” granted by EBRD once a year was granted to DenizBank from Turkey thanks to its performance throughout 2011.
- We launched Marmara University Campus Card in the Rector's Office of Marmara Unievrsity in Sultanahmet on 03 April. The meeting was attended by Prof. Dr. M. Zafer Gül, Rector of Marmara University, Hakan Ateş, our CEO, Uğur Yıldırım, CEO of Multinet and Gökhan Ertürk, our EVP.
- We sponsored GDOL TALKFEST held on 05 April in Haliç Congress Center.
- We sponsored Forum Istanbul Conference held in Swissotel on 26 – 27 April.
- We introduced the "ESESOB Eskişehir City Card", the joint project of DenizBank and ESESOB to artisans of Eskişehir on Tuesday, 06 March. Artisans of Eskişehir had great time with our brand face Beyazıt Öztürk during the evening event organized.
- We introduced the "ESESOB Eskişehir City Card”, the joint project of DenizBank and ESESOB to artisans of Eskişehir on Tuesday, 06 March. Artisans of Eskişehir had great time with our brand face Beyazıt Öztürk during the evening event organized.
- We sponsored "Gold and Jewelry Summit-2012” held in Çırağan Palace on...
- We realized the awards ceremony of our short film contest "Tell me about the Bank of the Future” the subject of which was banking products of the future at Deniz Akademi on Friday February 17th.
- We announced DenizBank's successful results of Q4 with the press conference we held with the intensive participation of the members of the press on Tuesday February 21st.
- We were in Ordu on Wednesday January 4th. We launched our Orduspor Fan Card with the participation of Orduspor management and press.
- On Tuesday January 24th, we promoted our Facebook banking service which is a first in the world, with our press conference we held with the participation of our brand faces Beyaz, Erdal Özyağcılar and Sedef Avcı at Çırağan Palace.
- We sponsored the Active Academy Finance Summit held at Swissôtel on Thursday December 1st.
- We sponsored the Finance World – Global Change and New Expectations Conference held at Ceylan Hotel on Wednesday December 7th.
- We realized our Agriculture Academy promotion meeting on Wednesday December 7th. Within DenizBank Agriculture Academy, we began to organize agriculture based trainings for our farmers, agricultural businesses and entrepreneurs who invest in the sector.
- We announced DenizBank Q3 results with our press release on November 4th.
- We sponsored the REC & AFD Sustainable Cities Conference held at Hilton Hotel on Tuesday November 15th.
- On Tuesday November 15th, we sponsored the Awards Ceremony of New Ideas New Businesses Contest where notions such as innovative thinking, innovation and technology competed.
- We promoted the AESOB card to our artisans from Antalya at Antalya Divan Hotel on November 22nd. Our brand face Mr. Beyazıt Öztürk gave an unforgettable performance to our artisans from Antalya at the Beyaz Show night held with the collaboration of DenizBank and AESOB.
- The 2011-2012 season opening of Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra-DenizBank Concerts realized under sponsorship of our Bank, was held on 6th and 7th of October with concerts given in Hagia Irene.
- We introduced our ISTESOB Smart Card to craftsmen and artisans of Istanbul with the press conference we held in Çırağan Palace on Tuesday, October 11th.
- We were the main sponsor of the Jewelry Fair held in CNR Expo between 13-16 October.
- Bodrum Cup for which we were one of the sponsors, was held between 15-23 October. The 21 October dated race of the series was realized as the DenizBank leg of the races.
- On Monday, October 17th, our campaign face Beyazıt Öztürk performed Beyaz Show to ISTESOB members in MKM Beşiktaş.
- We held our Mersin İdman Yurdu Bonus Card launch in Mersin on Saturday, October 22nd. Executive Vice President in charge of Retail Banking Group Gökhan Ertürk and Mersin İdman Yurdu Sport Club President Ali Kahramanlı attended the publicity meeting.
- Under the coordination of Wells Fargo and Standard Chartered, our bank secured a syndicated loan amounting approximately to USD 650 million from international markets. Signature ceremony was held on Tuesday, October the 25th at Çırağan Palace.
- We held a press conference on Tuesday, September 13th, regarding PTT cards being granted debit card features with the cooperation of DenizBank and PTT.
- On Wednesday August 3rd, we publicly announced our 2011 first half financial results.
- On Tuesday August 9th, we organized an iftar dinner for sailor customers of Commercial Banking at Büyük Kulüp.
- The 2nd International Istanbul Opera Festival held between July 1-21st was realized with the sponsorship of DenizBank.
- On Thursday July 7th, with the press conference we held with Hattat Holding at Çırağan Palace, we announced that we provided credit to HEMA Group.
- On Monday July 13th, after the signature ceremony with Rixos Group, we announced that we provided credit.
- Within the scope of DenizBank – TORC Trophy, between 15-18 July TORC Navy Cup sailing races between Istanbul – Çeşme, between 18 – 20 July East Aegean Sailing Week Races in Çeşme Bay and between 20-21 July, TORC Çakabey Races between Çeşme Bodrum were held. DenizBank Team formed of DenizBank employees also participated in these races.
- With the sponsorship of our Bank, TORC DenizBank Trophy Yacht Race organized by Turkey Off Shore Racing Club began at Ataköy Marina on June 4th.
- On June 6th, we announced that we once again sponsored the 2nd International Istanbul Opera Festival between July 1-21, actualized by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Directorate General of State Opera and Ballet.
- On Wednesday June 8th, at Sardunya Restaurant, we realized the promotion of Journal of Deniz, prepared by Mesut Yar for our Affluent customers.
- On Monday June 27th, we announced the sale of DenizEmeklilik to MetLife, the USA based insurance giant.
- We hosted journalists from Luxembourg, France and Belgium at Istanbul between the dates of 4-6 May. After the press trip, there was a large press coverage on news about our Bank in the most prominent publication fields in Europe.
- We announced our figures of Q1 on May 9th.
- We carried out our Agricultural Launch at Deniz Academy with the participation of our Minister of Agriculture and Rural Affairs Mr. Mehdi Eker on May 11th.
- We organized the "Hello Sailing” activity at Göcek with the participation of our Private Banking customers on 13-14 and 15th of May.
- We sponsored the 1st Turkish University Sector Summit held at Istanbul Congress Center on May 28th.
- We organized a special brunch and test drive for our Private Banking and Affluent customers at Bostancı Kosifler Showroom on 28-29 of May.
- We organized a boat trip accompanied by dinner for representatives of international banks on the eve of May 30th.
- Our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel gave a seminar for our corporate banking customers at Ankara Limak Ambassadore Hotel.
- We sponsored the 35th Economists Summit held on 6-7-8 April.
- We sponsored Forum Istanbul held at Swiss Hotel between the dates of 21-22 April. Our CEO Mr. Hakan Ateş participated as a speaker in the session of "New Realities the Crisis Brings-Remains of the Crisis”.
- We held our 14th Captains' Meeting at Antalya Limak Hotel with the participation of all managers within DenizBank Financial Services Group between the dates of 21-24 April.
- We realized the BJK Bonus Card launch together with Garanti Bankası at Swiss Hotel on April 29th.
- Our brand face Mr. Beyazıt Öztürk performed at the dinner we organized with the participation with Agricultural Project Managers at Swiss Hotel on April 29th.
- On March 2nd, we organized an enjoyable dinner with real estate agency owners in Samsun and the same organization was made on March 3rd in Trabzon.
- Our advertisement film shootings with dessert island concept were made at the Maldives between the dates of 5-16 March.
- We sponsored the PD London Seminar organized at the British Consulate on March 10th. Our Private Banking customers attended the conference.
- We undertook the Platinum Sponsorship of the Microsoft IT Summit realized on March 11th.
- We celebrated the 15th anniversary of DenizBank AG at Vienna with the participation of Mr. Hakan Ateş on March 17th.
- Our brand face Mr. Beyazıt Öztürk gave an unforgettable performance at Ankara Anatolia Exhibition Center for our real estate agency owners in Ankara on March 22nd.
- We organized a press visit to Mardin and Diyarbakır with the participation of financial journalists between the dates of 30-31 March. We informed SMEs on the credit at the amount of 100 million Euros to be lent to SMEs at under developed regions of Turkey together with European Investment Bank in scope of Credit Facility Program for Growing Anatolia.
- We continue to distribute the 250 thousand books in 2 thousand 500 hundred villages within the framework of "Agriculture Information Set Project” which we initiated in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs. Within the framework of the "250 thousand books for 2 thousand villages” campaign, we were in Edirne and Kırklareli on February 2, in Nevşehir on February 4, in İstanbul, Antalya and İzmit on February 4, in Adapazarı and Kastamonu on February 7, in Kırşehir on February 8, in Manisa on February 10, in Uşak on February 16, in Çorum on February 23, in Muğla and Konya on February 24.
- At the reception we held in Antalya on February 15, Tuesday evening, real estate agents of Antalya had unforgettable time with Beyaz Show performance of our brand face Beyazıt Öztürk.
- On February 16, Wednesday evening, at the reception we held at Fenerbahçe Faruk Ilgaz facilities, we realized the TORC Winter Trophy Marmara Cup Awards Ceremony.
- On February 23, Wednesday DenizTV was opened by live broadcast.
- On February 24, Thursday, we shared our financials for 2010.
- We realized the awards ceremony of our short film contest "Tell me about the Bank of the Future” the subject of which was banking products of the future at Deniz Akademi on Friday February 17th.
- We announced DenizBank's successful results of Q4 with the press conference we held with the intensive participation of the members of the press on Tuesday February 21st.
- We were in Ordu on Wednesday January 4th. We launched our Orduspor Fan Card with the participation of Orduspor management and press.
- On Tuesday January 24th, we promoted our Facebook banking service which is a first in the world, with our press conference we held with the participation of our brand faces Beyaz, Erdal Özyağcılar and Sedef Avcı at Çırağan Palace.
- On Tuesday, November 2nd, we signed a loan agreement of USD 20 million with the Japanese Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) to provide a new resource for SMEs that work on energy efficiency and sustainable energy.
- On Tuesday, November 2nd, within the framework of the protocol we signed with Uşak Chamber of Agriculture, we ensured that farmers that are members of the Uşak Chamber of Agriculture benefit from the advantages offered by the Producer Card.
- We were in Kayseri on Wednesday, November 3rd. After signing the collaboration protocol with Kayseri Chamber of Industry, our campaign face Beyazıt Öztürk met young people at Erciyes University within the promotion of Paso Youth Banking.
- On Friday, November 5th, we met the tradesmen of the city at the gala dinner reception held in Konya and shared the advantages we offer for enterprises.
- On Wednesday, November 10th, at the gala dinner reception held at Antalya Hillside Su Hotel, we came together with the tourism professionals of the region and informed them about the services we offer.
- In the scope of the “250.000 books to 2500 villages” project, we delivered books in Antakya and Muş on Wednesday, November 3rd, in Bitlis on Thursday, November 4th, in Tunceli and Adana on Friday, November 5th, in Adıyaman on Monday, November 8th, in Siirt on Wednesday, November 10th.
- On Wednesday, November 24th, we came together with tradesmen at Tokat Grand Ballıca Hotel to promote our SME Banking services.
- On Thursday, November 25th, at the press conference we held at Çırağan Palace we promoted our new service “Affluent Banking” with the participation of our campaign face, Beyazıt Öztürk and Sedef Avcı and Helin Avşar who starred in our commercials.
- On Friday, November 26th, we signed the collaboration protocol with Adapazarı Sugar beet Growers Cooperative at the Adapazarı Sugar Factory Chairman’s Office.
- On Tuesday, November 30th, we promoted our collaboration with PTT at the press conference we held at Sirkeci PTT Head Office.
- On October 1st, we signed a loan agreement with the coordination of Standard Chartered, Wells Fargo and DenizBank with the aim to provide USD 650 million syndicated loan from international markets.
- On October 1st, we held the awards ceremony of the short movie contest “Tell me about AçıkDeniz” at DenizAkademi.
- On October 5th, we offered USD 75 million loan with 6 year maturities for the use of BJK from the consortium of DenizBank, Şekerbank and Bankpozitif. The signing ceremony was held at BJK Nevzat Demir facilities.
- On October 6th, we held the meeting where our special products and services were promoted with the participation of Executive Vice President Mr. Gökhan Sun in Manisa.
- On Friday evening, October 8th 2010, we realized the opening of “IDSO DenizBank Concerts” with ‘Carl Orff-Carmina Burana’ concert.
- On Sunday, October 10th, with the ceremony we held in Bursa, we realized the first book distribution for the 2010 campaign period of the “150 thousand books for 1500 villages” project with the aim to contribute to the social and economic lives of agricultural producers and support reliable food production.
- On Thursday October 14th, our SME Banking expert team met tourism professionals of the region at the gala dinner reception held at Fethiye Lykia World Hotel.
- On Sunday, October 17th, we offered the Çaykur Rizespor Bonus Card for the use of fans at Yeni Rize Stadium
- On Monday, October 18th, we realized an important collaboration with Burdur Sugar beet Growers Cooperative at S.S. Burdur-Isparta Sugar beet Growers Cooperative. With the collaboration, the members of the cooperative will be able to make use of DenizBank Agricultural Banking Services at special conditions through the 13 sales stores of the Cooperative.
- On Wednesday, October 20th, DenizBank met tourism professionals of Kuşadası with its SME Banking expert team at the gala dinner reception held at Kuşadası Pine Bay Hotel.
- At the press conference held on October 22nd, we announced that we would provide loans of EUR 100 million to SMEs in the less developed regions of Turkey with the resource of EUR 50 million obtained from the European Investment Bank within the scope of Credit Facilities for Greater Anatolia Program.
- On Friday, October 22nd, we delivered books in Tekirdağ province within the scope of “250.000 books to 2500 villages” project.
- On Friday, October 22nd, we signed a collaboration protocol with Izmir Union of Chambers of Tradesmen and Artisans (IESOB) and realized the “Smart Card” project.
- On Monday, October 25th, we offered the “Trabzonspor Bonus Card” for the use of fans at the meeting organized at Zorlu Grand Hotel.
- On Tuesday, October 26th, we delivered books in Gaziantep province within the scope of “250.000 books to 2500 villages” project.
- On Wednesday, October 27th, we were in Osmaniye for book delivery ceremony.
- On Wednesday September 1st, in line with our collaboration with ISTESOB which we realized at DenizBank Head Office, we offered our new Smart Card project at the service of entrepreneurs via “SME Card”.
- We were in Adana on Thursday, September 2nd. We realized an important protocol with Chamber of Adana All Real Estate Agents at Park Zirve Restaurant. With the mentioned agreement, real estate agents registered in Chamber of Adana All Real Estate Agents will be able to benefit from the advantages offered by DenizBank under very special conditions.
- On Thursday, September 30th, in line with our agreement with Garanti Bank and Development Bank of Turkey, we offered the USD 35 million financing for the use of SMEs in order to increase the access opportunities of SMEs to medium and long term financing.
- We have announced figures of the first 6 months to the public on 5th of August, Thursday.
- We gathered with prominent persons of the city in order to convey our Retail Banking Mortgage services at the iftar dinner we held in Dedepark Otel on 20th of August, Friday.
- We sponsored the 1st International Istanbul Opera Festival, realized as a project for the Istanbul 2010 European Capital of Culture by the Directorate General of State Opera and Ballet between the dates of July 2nd and 23rd. On July 1st at Çırağan Palace, the promotion meeting was organized for the Festival which was realized by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism Directorate General of State Opera and Ballet with the support of Istanbul 2010 European Capital of Culture Agency.
- The opening cocktail of the 1st International Istanbul Opera Festival was realized at Lütfi Kırdar Borsa Teras on July 2nd.
- A signing ceremony between DenizBank and Medaş (Meram Elektrik Dağıtım A.Ş.) was held on Thursday July 8th, 2010 at Konya Dedeman Hotel with the participation of DenizBank Executive Vice President Gökhan Sun and MEDAŞ Directorate General Önder Kazazoğlu.
- On July 12th, we signed a credit agreement with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) regarding the financing of renewable energy investments for companies and households. Our Board Member Wouter Van Roste, our Executive Vice President in charge of Fund Management and Private Banking Bora Böcügöz and EBRD Turkey Director Michael Davey attended the signing ceremony.
- On July 27th, a signing ceremony was held with the attendance of our Çukurova Regional Manager Engin Eskiduman, Elbistan Branch Manager Ali Rıza İkidişli, Agriculture Banking Region Officer Yusuf Alan, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Elbistan Sugar Beet Growers Cooperative Halil Aslan, Members of the Board of Directors and Cooperative Manager Mehmet Öğüt, Deputy Manager İlter Kozanoğlu and Elbistan Sugar Beet Factory Manager Niyazi Develi. Within the framework of the collaboration, members of the Cooperative will be able to benefit from DenizBank Agricultural Banking services under special conditions through 4 stores of the Cooperative.
- We have been granted the "21st Century Achievement Award” in "Finance, Insurance and Real Estate” at IDG's Computerworld Honors Program with the "inter-Next Banking Project” among 181 candidates in 10 categories. The 22nd Computerworld Honors Program Awards Ceremony was held on June 7th, 2010 at the Andrew Mellon Auditorium in Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States of America.
- On June 7th, a collaboration protocol was signed at Eskişehir Sugar Beet Growers Cooperative with the attendance of our Executive Vice President Gökhan Sun and the Chairman of the Eskişehir Sugar Beet Growers Cooperative Halil Ünal. Within the framework of the signed protocol, members of the Cooperative will be able to benefit from DenizBank Agricultural Banking services under special conditions through 20 stores of the Cooperative.
- On June 9th, we organized a boat trip hosted by the President and CEO of DenizBank Financial Services Group, Mr. Hakan Ateş for the Minister President of Flanders, Belgium, Mr. Kris Peeters and the Flanders Investment and Trade Agency officials of the Flanders Government accompanying him.
- "DenizBank Marmara Cup” yacht race organized by Turkish Offshore Racing Club with the sponsorship of our Bank was held on June 12-13, 2010.
- On June 25th, a collaboration protocol was signed between DenizBank and Tariş Cotton and Oil Seeds Union at the Head Office of the Tariş Cotton and Oil Seeds Union with the participation of our West Anatolia Regional Manager Hasan Özer Orhan, DenizBank Senior Vice President in charge of Agriculture Banking Marketing and Sales Ahmet Çelik and Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of Tariş Cotton and Oil Seeds Union Faruk Yaman and Vice Chairman of Tariş Cotton and Oil Seeds Union Güngör Şentürk. Tariş Cotton and Oil Seed Union collaborated with DenizBank and introduced "Producer Card” in order to ensure its producer partners meet their agricultural input needs under the most favorable conditions for 2010 products.
- On May 9th, with the preliminary protocol between İSTESOB (Association of Istanbul Chambers of Craftsmen and Artisans) and DenizBank, we launched the use of "Smart Card” for the Craftsmen of Istanbul…
- On May 11th, we announced our financial results for the first quarter of 2010. In the first three months of 2010, we increased our net profit by 30% reaching TL 163 Million.
- We were in Eskişehir between May 12th and 13th. Collaboration Protocols were signed between DenizBank and Eskişehir Chamber of Commerce and Eskişehir Chamber of Industry. With the protocols signed, entrepreneurs who are members of the Eskişehir Chamber of Commerce and Eskişehir Chamber of Industry now have the opportunity to benefit from "Capital Support Loan” and "Equal Installment” loan. We promoted our DenizBank Paso Youth Banking Project to young people in Anadolu University with Beyazıt Öztürk, our campaign face.
- We held a motivation meeting for employees of DenizEmeklilik under the name of "The Rhythm of Deniz” between May 14th and 16th.
- With our mission to support Turkey's cultural and artistic life, we have assumed the corporate sponsorship of Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra (IDSO) concerts for five years. IDSO DenizBank concerts ended the season with the "Spring Concert” staged on May 14th. The concert was held in Cemal Reşit Rey Concert Hall with Naci Özgüç as the conductor.
- We were in Bursa on May 17th. A collaboration protocol was signed between DenizBank and Bursa Chamber of Commerce and Industry. With the protocol signed, entrepreneurs in Bursa now have the opportunity to benefit from "Capital Support Loan” and "Equal Installment” loan. We promoted our DenizBank Paso Youth Banking Project to young people in Uludağ University with Beyazıt Öztürk, our campaign face.
- We organized the Agricultural Banking Search Conference at Sapanca Güral Hotel on May 19th and 20th.
- Hakan Ateş, the CEO of DenizBank Financial Services Group attended the Forum İstanbul 2010 sponsored by DenizBank at Swissotel on May 20th and 21st under the theme of "Global Crisis, Restructuring, National Transformation” as a speaker.
- We held meetings in Konya, İzmir, Ankara and Bursa to inform customers on May 25th to 28th, for the DenizYatırım Anel initial public offering.
- We promoted the brand "Paso DenizBank” which is the Youth Banking Project designed for the banking transactions of young people on April 13th, at the meeting held at Bahçeşehir University. Beyazıt Öztürk, our campaign face and Yıldırım Üçtuğ, the Vice Rector of Bahçeşehir University attended the meeting which was hosted by Mr Hakan Ateş, the CEO of DenizBank Financial Services Group. The promotion of DenizBank's PASO World special for young people will continue in 14 universities in Anatolia with the participation of Hakan Ateş and Beyazıt Öztürk.
- We were in Samsun between April 14th and 15th. A collaboration protocol was signed between DenizBank and Samsun Chamber of Commerce (STO) with the participation of Hakan Ateş, the CEO of DenizBank Financial Services Group and Zeki Murzioğlu, the Chairman of STO. With the protocol signed, entrepreneurs in Samsun now have the opportunity to benefit from "Capital Support Loan” and "Equal Installment” loan. In addition, we promoted our DenizBank Paso Youth Banking Project to young people in Ondokuz Mayıs University with Beyazıt Öztürk, our campaign face.
- We assumed the sponsorship of the events held during the Economists' Week between April 14th and 16th.
- We were in Adana on April 21st. A collaboration protocol was signed between DenizBank and Adana Chamber of Commerce. With the protocol signed, entrepreneurs in Adana now have the opportunity to benefit from "Capital Support Loan” and "Equal Installment” loan. We promoted our DenizBank Paso Youth Banking Project to young people in Çukurova University with Beyazıt Öztürk, our campaign face.
- We were in Mersin between April 22nd and 23rd. A collaboration protocol was signed between DenizBank and Mersin Chamber of Commerce and Industry. With the protocol signed, entrepreneurs in Mersin now have the opportunity to benefit from "Capital Support Loan” and "Equal Installment” loan. We promoted our DenizBank Paso Youth Banking Project to young people in Mersin University with Beyazıt Öztürk, our campaign face.
- On April 28th Saruhan Özel, our Chief Economist gave a seminar in Antalya to our Private Banking Customers. The 13th Captains Meeting designed with the motto "Difference Making Captain” was both fruitful and enjoyable.
- A collaboration protocol providing significant advantages to its members was signed at the Ankara Chamber of Commerce (ATO) on March 1st with the participation of Sinan Aygün, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Ankara Chamber of Commerce and Hakan Ateş, the CEO of DenizBank Financial Services Group. Within the framework of the protocol signed, member enterprises of ATO will be able to benefit from the "Capital Support Loan” with maturities up to 72 months and "Equal Installment” loan with maturities up to 36 months with special interest rates from DenizBank.
- Sea&Miles, the first and only contactless miles card launched for sea transportation in the world, started to provide card holders with 10% discount in local-line sea buses as of February 1, 2010.
- The last meeting held regarding the internal launch of Deniz Emeklilik's private pension system was held on February 6 in Diyarbakır.
- Award Ceremony of the DenizBank-TORC Trophy, which is organized by Turkey Offshore Racing Club (TORC) under the sponsorship of our Bank, was held in Fenerbahçe Faruk Ilgaz Facilities on February 9, 2010
- Credit agreement of € 130 million signed for finance of Gökçedağ Wind Power Plant (WPP), of which our Bank is one of the financial supporters, was awarded with "Best WPP Finance Award 2009” in Europe. Award ceremony was held in London on February 11.
- We sponsored the Active Academy Agricultural Summit held in Ankara on February 11. Mr. Hakan ATEŞ, president of DFSG, was a guest speaker in the session titled "Finance providers of Agriculture”.
- In the framework of the special campaign we held for St. Valentines Day, we provided our customers with the opportunity of using consumer loans with 1.14% interest rate and fees and commissions of TL 114. What's more, via CicekSepeti.com we sent flowers to customers who used this special loan.
- In the meeting held in Çırağan Kempinski on February 17, 2010, we presented the "agriculture” product we designed for entrepreneurs willing to invest in agricultural sector. Mr. Nihat Gökyiğit, Mr. Ethem Sancak, Mr. Reşit Soley, Mr. Vural Ak and Mr. Savaş Titiz, - all successful businessmen - shared their experiences gained in agricultural sector.
- Signature ceremony of the credit of $ 70 million; which is granted to Galatasaray Sports Club in the framework of the concortium held under the leadership of DenizBank and with the participation of Şekerbank, Demir-Halk Bank NV, Bankpozitif and Halkbank; was held on February 23 on Suada.
- Consolidated net profit of our Bank for the year 2009 outperformed the sector average. With an increase of 77% on a year-on-year basis, our consolidated net profit reached TL 605 million.
- On January 7, 2010 an agreement is signed with Rize Tea Growers Cooperatives Central Union to provide tea growers with significant advantages. Details of the Project are shared with village headmen and district heads in the dinner organization held in Rize. In the framework of the agreement, tea growers are provided with the opportunity to buy fertilizer via Producer Card with a maturity of 6 months.
- Private pension system of Deniz Emeklilik was launched on January 14, 2010. In the framework of the restructuring plan of our main shareholder Dexia; upon a decision made on insurance sector, share buying requests to be received for Deniz Emeklilik and Hayat shares will be taken into consideration and our 450 branches across the country will continue to present insurance products of Deniz Emeklilik ve Hayat.
- Within the framework of Deniz Pension's internal launching about pension business, we held meetings in Samsun, Istanbul and lastly in Kayseri.
- Mr. Gökhan Ertürk, Executive Vice President in charge of Retail Banking and Dr. Saruhan Özel, Chief Economist of our Bank made a presentation to participants of the meeting with Re/max real estate brokerage office held on 10 December in Izmir Grand Efes Swissotel.
- We introduced our new products and services for tourism sector during tourism meetings with our customers on 18 December in Bodrum, and on 24 & 25 December in Antalya and Alanya'.
- We held the New Year party for our staff members in Istanbul on 22 December in Lütfi Kırdar Convention and Exhibition Center. Our staff members out of Istanbul had their New Year party with their respective Regional Office.
- We held internal launching meetings of Deniz Pension Company in Istanbul, Izmir, Adana, Antalya, Bursa and Ankara.
- We introduced advantageous world of GS Bonus, a ground breaking product providing many privileges to fans of Galatasaray Sports Club in a press conference in Four Seasons Hotel on 7 December with the participation of Galatasaray Sports Club and our project partner Garanti Bank.
- Our net profit increased in 9 months by 60% above the sector average to reach 430 million TL.
- Our bank signed a credit agreement with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) on October 2, 2009 regarding finance of small agricultural enterprises. In the framework of this cooperation, long-term loans of Euro 20 million will be granted to small agricultural enterprises in our country.
- We offered financing training to the employees of municipalities coming from different Turkish provinces in Deniz Akademi on October 2.
- We held a reception hosted by Dexia and DenizBank at the Ceylan Intercontinental Hotel on October 6, Tuesday evening in the framework of IMF-World Bank meetings. Leading actors of the economy and business world who are also our customers attended to the reception.
- Through the protocol signing ceremony held on October 9 with the participation of Hakan Ateş, our President and CEO of the Financial Services Group, and Gülten Çapan, President of Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra (IDSO), we started the fifth year of cooperation with IDSO, one of the most well rooted institutions of the symphonic music. 2009-2010 Season of the IDSO Denizbank Concerts began with a splendid concert in Hagia Irene following the protocol signing ceremony. During the Inauguration Concert of 2009-2010 Season of the IDSO Denizbank Concerts; the cellist Efe Baltacıgil, violin soloist Arnaud Sussmann and pianist Benjamin Hochman interpreted the Triple concerto of L. V. Beethoven and A Midsummer Night's Dream of F. Mendelssohn under the conductorship of world famous Koji Kawamoto who was invited on the occasion of "2010 Japanese Year in Turkey”.
- "Agricultural Mobilization”, presented to all farmers by our bank which is the largest contributor of the agricultural sector as a private bank, took place between May 14 – September 24. We reached more than a million producers through various activities held in the scope of the Mobilization.
- Derya Kumru is appointed as the Executive Vice President of Corporate, Commercial Banking and Public Finance Group; and Gökhan Sun is appointed as the Executive Vice President of SME and Agricultural Banking Group.
- We paid a visit to the Municipality of Brussels oriented to senior authorities of municipalities between October 9-10. Invitees also took the opportunity to watch the World Cup qualification playoff between the national teams of Belgium-Turkey.
- We sponsored Mersin National Cello Competition held between October 9-12.
- We held a campaign on the occasion of the "World Housing Day” on October 13 and decreased mortgage interest rates to 0,88% for 60-month maturity while offering 50% discount in the document maintenance fee for one week.
- Five mayors attended to the "Public-Private Partnership” Conference held in Vienna on October 14-15 as the invitee of our bank from Turkey.
- We co-sponsored the Interferry Conference held in the Ceylan Intercontinental Hotel on October 16.
- Our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel conveyed his evaluations as to investment strategies after IMF and World Bank meetings during meetings oriented for private banking customers held in Deniz Akademi on October 21 and in the Chamber of Industry of the Aegean Region on October 22.
- We organized a Istanbul Boat Show visit and sailing training program for private banking customers between October 23-25.
- We sponsored the Union of Municipalities of Marmara, Model Municipality Projects Competition held on October 27. Burak Bozkaya, our Regional Manager of Marmara, granted the Special Jury Award to the Istanbul Water and Sewerage Administration (İSKİ) for its project of Training Trips to Raise Awareness on Environmental Infrastructure-Water Usage.
- Senior managers of five Turkish municipalities attended as our invitee to the conference of "Air, Water and Waste Management; Financing Local Governments in the European Union” held in Bucharest between October 28-29.
- The second set of the Series "Audio Literature-Short Stories Get a Voice”, which compiles prominent examples of the Turkish Literature, met with fans of literature via Deniz Kültür.
- Between September 29th and 30th we organized a visit to the sewage treatment plant of Municipality of Prague and city of Prague with the participation of municipal representatives -as invitees of Public Finance Department- of the 8 provinces which have the biggest water and sewerage administration units in Turkey.
- We held an iftar dinner organizations in Barbaros Point Hotel for representatives of Reality World on September 8th and for Re/Max real estate agents on September 16th.
- We held iftar dinner organizations for our SME and Commercial Banking customers respectively in Gaziantep, Balıkesir, Konya, Kayseri and Istanbul.
- As DenizBank, we prepared a special "Support Package” for our customers who suffered from the flood disaster in Istanbul, Thrace and South Marmara Region.
- Within the framework of Agricultural Mobilization, we continued to deliver books in August in the context of "100.000 books for 1.000 villages” project that we implement in cooperation with Ministry of agriculture and Rural Affairs. The cities we delivered books in August include Bursa, Adapazarı, Eskişehir, Bozüyük, Afyon, Kütahya, Çanakkale, Balıkesir, İzmit, Nevşehir, Kırşehir, Van, Erzurum and Ankara.
- We held the last one of Regional Agricultural Assembly meetings to explore agricultural development potential in regions in Tekirdağ Yayoba Otel on the 4th of August.
- We held dissemination meetings for farmers in Havsa on the 5th of August and in Kırşehir on 19th of August within the framework of Agricultural Mobilization. During the meetings, producers were informed about subjects such as economy, drought, global warming, irrigation, efficiency and animal husbandry.
- We announced our 2009 HY profit as 264 million TL with a y-o-y growth of 43%.
- The documentary "Turkey's Journal” produced by our Bank in cooperation with Nebil Özgentürk was put to sale through Alfa Yayınları in the form of a set composed of books and DVDs.
- We held an iftar dinner on 31st of August in Sait Halim Paşa Yalısı for Commercial Banking customers. The dinner was followed by the presentation of our chief economist Dr. Saruhan Özel on "Global Economic Developments, Impact on Turkey and Expectations”.
- In July, we continued to deliver books of the project "100,000 Books for 1,000 Villages” implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs within the scope of the Agricultural Mobilization. Here are the places where we delivered books in order: Aydın, Tekirdağ, Denizli, Kırklareli, Adıyaman, Edirne, Muğla, Mersin, Osmaniye, Uşak, Adana, Hatay, Giresun, Şanlıurfa, Gaziantep, Elazığ, Malatya, Kilis, Manisa, Diyarbakır, Batman, Düzce, Ordu, Rize, Kastamonu, Trabzon, Çorum, Amasya, Kahramanmaraş, Samsun, Karabük, Tokat, Zonguldak, Yalova, Bolu and Bartın.
- Two lucky DenizBank customers won BMW 316i Sedan in two drawings conducted among DenizBank AçıkDeniz Internet branch users.
- We held one of the Regional Agricultural Assembly meetings, convened to reveal agricultural development opportunities in the region, on July 9 at the Izmir Hilton Hotel and another one on July 20 at the Adana Seyhan Hotel.
- We organized a farmer enlightenment meeting on July 10 in the scope of the Agricultural Mobilization.
- We shared with the press BANTAŞ Nakit ve Kıymetli Mal Taşıma ve Güvenlik Hizmetleri A.Ş. established by our Bank, Finansbank and TEB with equal partnership in order to conduct cash operations.
- Awards of the 2nd race of the series 17th East Aegean Sailing Week organized by the Turkish Offshore Racing Club (TORC) with the sponsorship of our Bank were granted in a ceremony held on July 25, 2009 in Port Bodrum Yalıkavak.
- Our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel conveyed his evaluations as to recent developments in the markets during the meeting held on July 27 at the Adana Hilton whose target group was representatives of Turyap.
- Ranking first among private sector banks to provide financial support for agricultural sector, DenizBank started to deliver the books promised in the framework of "100.000 Books for 1000 Villages” project which is conducted in the scope of DenizBank Agriculture Festival and in cooperation with Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs. As a beginning, books are delivered to Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture in Burdur, Isparta, Çatalca and İzmir respectively.
- The first of many informative meetings to be held for producers in the scope of Agricultural Festival is held in Isparta on 24th of June in Büyük Isparta Hotel with the participation of Gökhan Ertürk- DenizBank Executive Vice President for SME and Agricultural Banking, Ali Taşdemir- Tarsim Mediterranean Region Coordinator and Prof. Dr. Mehmet Atilla Aşkın- Academic Member in Süleyman Demirel University Faculty of Agriculture.
- Second session of Agriculture Assembly Meetings, which aim at discovering the agricultural development opportunities in the region, is held in Antalya Divan Talya Hotel on 25th of June.
- We organized a joint pres conference with İDO and Visa in Four Seasons Hotel-Bosphorus on 15th of June. In the meeting, the added value that Visa payWave contactless cards provide for banks, companies and consumers is presented and shared with press members. Besides, Visa Europe rewarded İDO for its innovative studies on contactless payment in transportation.
- We introduced banking services to participants in the virtual cities formed during the events that are held respectively in Adana, İzmir, Ankara and İstanbul in the scope of Smart Cities Project of Sampaş, of which we are a business partner.
- "DenizBank Marmara Cup” yacht races are held between 13 and 14 June 2009 by Turkish Offshore Racing Club (TORC) under DenizBank's sponsorship. Winners of the race are awarded their prizes in the award ceremony held on 16 June, Tuesday in Fenerbahçe Faruk Ilgaz Facilities.
- We sponsored the Forum Istanbul Conference held at the Swissotel on May 28-29. Our General Manager and CEO Mr. Hakan Ateş delivered a speech at the session called "Financial Crisis and Turkey”.
- We held a press conference at the Ankara Swissotel on May 13, 2009 with the participation of Mr. M. Mehdi Eker, Minister of the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, in order to share the details of Agricultural Mobilization project to be held between May 14 – September 17, 2009 with an aim of adding value to the economic and social life of the agricultural producer, and "100,000 Books for 1,000 Villeges” project to be conducted in this framework.
- The 2008-2009 period of DenizBank Concerts of the Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra, of which we have been the corporate sponsor for four years in the framework of our mission to support culture and art, ended with a closure concert held at the Lütfü Kırdar Convention & Exhibition Center on May 15.
- Our CEO, Mr. Hakan Ateş, participated as a speaker on the panel discussion titled "Ways out of the Crisis” held under the auspices of the Economists Congress held in Lutfi Kırdar Convention and Exhibition Centre on April 3.
- We sponsored the International Congress on Market, Marketing & Entrepreneurship held on April 6-9 in Antalya, organized by Ankara University.
- Being the private bank with the biggest investment in agricultural sector, we carry on with our contribution in the agricultural sector with the Regional Agricultural Council Meetings we have been holding all around Turkey. We held the first meeting in Çanakkale Kolin Hotel on April 9 in order to unveil agricultural development opportunities in the region.
- We shared our activities addressing the agricultural sector in a press conference on 15 April 2009 in İzmir Efes Hotel with the participation of the new brand faces of our Bank, Beyaz and Erdal Özyağcılar. During this press visit, we held the opening ceremonies of Yenipazar and Bozdoğan Branches, two of the agricultural branches which we have been opening in order to be closer to the producers across Turkey.
- Within the scope of the sponsorship agreement signed with Galatasaray Sports Club, all lounges in TT Arena Stadium will be called Deniz Club Lounge. Press announcement on the subject will be made on April 21 in Suada.
- In the meeting held on April 22 Nisan in Antalya Divan Hotel Talya, our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel shared his evaluations on the latest developments in the market with Akdeniz Private Banking customers.
- We held our 12th Captains Meeting between April 23-26 in Sueno Beach Hotel Side.
- We sponsored the Marine Money Istanbul Ship Finance Forum held on April 30 in Swissotel, in which our Board Member Bruno Accou participated as a speaker.
- Mr. Hakan Ateş, CEO of DenizBank, participated as a speaker in the Shopping Mall Investments Conferrence held on 4 March 2009 in Esma Sultan Mansion.
- We renewed our Cooperation Protocol with İstanbul Chamber of Commerce with a signing ceremony held on 19 March 2009, Thursday
- Ordinary Meeting of DenizBank General Assembly was held on 20 March 2009.
- We renewed our Cooperation Protocol with İzmir Chamber of Commerce with a signing ceremony held in İzmir Union of Commerce Building on 25 March 2009, Wednesday.
- We held the introduction meeting of Fenerbahçe Bonus Card offering privileges to Fenerbahçe fans on Saturday, 28 February in Fenerbahçe Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadium.
- We became sponsor of the 8th National Agricultural Congress taking place on 19 February in Ankara Gür Kent Hotel.
- We became sponsor of ‘YASED (Association of International Investors) Conference' held in Swissotel on 11-12 February. Mr. Hakan Ateş, CEO of our Bank participated as speaker to the conference's session on "Overview of Turkish financial sector on the way of Istanbul's becoming a finance center".
- DenizBank-Turkish Offshore Racing Club Trophy awards were distributed on 11 February 2009 in Fenerbahçe Faruk Ilgaz Facilities with the ceremony organized by Turkish Offshore Racing Club and sponsored by our Bank, which is the leading institution providing financial support to development of Turkish maritime world.
- We made a press conference on Tuesday, 10 February 2009 to share new period brand strategies of our Bank with the participation of Beyazıt Öztürk and Erdal Özyağcılar, renowned artists and the new advertising faces of our Bank.
- 2nd Award Ceremony for "The Frisky Campaign” organized for branches by Retail Banking was held on 6 February in Deniz Academy.
- Award Ceremony for "The Frisky Campaign” organized for branches by Retail Banking was held on January 9 in Deniz Academy.
- Tourism Meeting addressed at the employees of SME&Agricultural Banking was held in Antalya at the Marmara Hotel on January 16.
- Our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel shared his assessments about the latest market developments with Başkent private banking customers in meeting held at Ankara Crowne Plaze Hotel on January 22.
- Presenting a lot of innovative projects to Turkish Agricultural Sector DenizBank signed protocols with Alaşehir, Bayındır, Köşk, Nazilli, Sarayköy, Sarıgöl and Şube branches of the Turkish Union of the Chambers of Agriculture. Within the framework of these protocols, members of these chambers can enjoy the benefits offered by Producer Card.
- DenizBank SME Banking signed special protocols with the chambers of trade and industry all over the country. DenizBank SME Banking offer cash and non cash loans at convenient prices through these protocols. In January, a lot of protocols were signed with many chambers. These chambers are: Adapazarı Chamber of Clothes Sellers, Chamber of Blaksmiths and Machinistes, Chamber of Stationerys, Chamber of Typographers, Chamber of Lottery Sellers, Chamber of Newsstands, Chamber of Sellers of Tekel Products, Chamber of Furniture Sellers, Chamber of Groceries, Chamber of Tailors, Chamber of Haberdashers, Chamber of Sellers of Milk Dish, Chamber of Ready-Made Sellers, Kocaeli Chamber of Craftsmen and Artisans, Karacabey Chamber of Trade and Industry, Mudanya Chamber of Craftsmen and Artisans.
- The last two races within DenizBank-Turkish Offshore Racing Club were made Kalamış Marina on 27 December and Ataköy Marina on 28 December under the sponsorship of our Bank.
- DenizBank signed a cooperation protocol on 25 December 2008 with Adana Beekeepers' Union, it will allocate Producer Card to members of the union and enable all the beekeepers of the region to benefit from all financial services provided by the Bank.
- On 22 December, New Year party was organized for our employees in Grand Cevahir Hotel.
- On 18 December 2008, a cooperation protocol was signed with Rize Tea Producer Cooperatives' Union. With this cooperation, DenizBank will allocate Producer Card to members of the cooperative and enable all the tea producers of the region to benefit from all financial services provided by the Bank.
- On 16 December, a cooperation protocol was signed with Karadeniz Ereğli Chamber of Commerce and Industry. With this protocol, financing support will be provided to member businesses at attractive conditions.
- DenizBank-TORC Trophy Winter Cup-II yacht race was held in Ataköy on November 29, under the sponsorship of our Bank.
- The signature ceremony between DenizBank and AFD related to the credit agreement on financing of municipalities was realized in Four Seasons Hotel on November 28, 2008.
- The concert of Hacettepe University Academy Orchestra and Trio Birsen composed of Belgian musicians took place on November 25.
- Our Chief Economist Saruhan Özel shared his assessments about the latest developments in markets with Aegean Region Private Banking customers in a meeting held in Aegean Region Chamber of Industry on November 20.
- We sponsored the 3rd Lloyd's List Economist Turkish Shipping&Ship Finance Conference which was held in Hyatt Regency Hotel on November 19, 20.
- We sponsored the Active Academy 6th International Finance Summit which was held in Swissotel on November 12, 13.
- We ensured the participation of our 3 lucky costumers who had been selected in the lotteries in the scope of DenizBank Agricultural Banking to the agricultural fair held in Romania between November 5 and 9.
- DenizHayat-PTT meeting was held on October 10, 2008 in Van-Merit Şahmaran Hotel. Right after the meeting DenizHayat employees and the guests had a sightseeing tour around Van Castle.
- The "TORC Trophy TORC Coup” races took place on October 11, 2008 in Ataköy under the sponsorhip of our Bank.
- Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra whose sponsorship has been assumed by Denizbank for four years opened the 2008-2009 season on October 17 2008 in Hagia Irene. Coming together with music lovers, ISO was headed by Alexander Rahbari, orchestra chief known world wide who was accompanied by Huseyin Sermet, a State artist. Having performed Ravel's La Valse, the Piano Concerto for the Left Hand and Şehrazat by Kprsakof, the strong orchestra was appreciated by the audience.
- Our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel evaluated the latest developments in markets in a meeting held for Private Banking Customers on October 20, 2008 in DenizAkademi Selma Akboğa salon.
- "TORC (Turkish Offshore Racing Club) Trophy Moda Sailing Club Cup III” was held on September 6th, 2008 in Moda with our sponsorship.
- An Iftar Dinner was organized for our SME and Commercial Banking customers on September 12th, in Trabzon Grand Zorlu Hotel. 250 DenizBank customers participated in the Dinner where the President of Financial Services Group made an address.
- An Iftar Dinner was held on September 12th in Ankara İç Kale Hotel with the participation of DenizBank and agents of Koçak Real Estate Center). Dr. Saruhan Özel, DenizBank Chief Economist made a presentation in the Dinner where Volkan Yaman, General Coordinator of Koçak Yatırım Bankası, made an address.
- DenizBank Commercial Banking Group held an Iftar Dinner for shipping companies in Adile Sultan Palace on September 15th. Following the Iftar Dinner; Hakan Ateş, President of DenizBank Financial Services Group; Brunu Accou, Board Member and Metin Kalkavan, Chairman of Turkish Chamber of Shipping made addresses and Dr. Saruhan Özel, DenizBank Chief Economist, made a briefing on the recent situation of Turkey and global economy.
- "TORC Trophy Turkish Chamber of Shipping Cup” was held on September 20th, 2008 in Yeşilköy with our sponsorship.
- DenizBank SME and Agricultural Banking Group organized an Iftar Dinner on September 20th, 2008 in Izmir/Tire for producers. 250 DenizBank customers participated in the Iftar Dinner where Hakan Ateş, President of DenizBank Financial Services Group, made an address. DenizBank has signed a cooperation protocol with Istanbul Chamber of Commerce on September 12th, 2008. In order to render thanks for the said cooperation; Murat Yalçıntaş, Chairman of İstanbul Chamber of Commerce, and Gökhan Ertürk, DenizBank SME Banking Executive Vice President, met on September 24th, 2008.
- Protocol Agreements have been signed between DenizBank and Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Çarşamba, Didim, Antakya and Aliağa. In the framework of the said protocols, DenizBank provides maturity options from 3 months to 36 months and special interest rates for Chamber of Commerce and Industry member enterprises; also grants them Support Loan with Monthly Installment, Letter of Guarantee and Revolving and Spot Credits.
- Within the framework of the Agricultural Festival, "Seda Sayan Concert” was held on August 2 in Samsun, DoğuPark Amphitheatre. DenizBank "Producer Card” owner farmers and their families had a great time with Seda Sayan in the 2 hour concert.
- Producer Dissemination Meetings organized within the scope of the Agricultural Festival continued with meetings held in Adana Seyhan Hotel on August 14 and in Mersin Chamber of Commerce and Industry on August 15. DenizBank SME and Agricultural Banking Executive Vice President Gökhan ERTÜRK, our Chief Economist Dr Saruhan ÖZEL, Prof Dr Kazım ABAK from Çukurova University Garden Plants Department and the Chairman of the Turkish Farmers' Association İbrahim YETKİN attended these meetings.
- DenizBank announced its 2008 first half financials on August 14 2008. Our Bank's consolidated net profit in the first half realized as TL 186 mn with an 11% increase compared to the same period of the previous year.
- Guide book entitled "A Travel Book for Yachtsman” was published on August 18. Written by Kemal Baral, an amateur sailor and sponsored by DenizBank Private Banking Group, this guide book includes all beneficial information which will turn a voyage into an entertaining discovery rather than an exhausting and difficult adventure.
- "Seda Sayan Concert” took place in Adana Mimar Sinan Open Air Theatre on August 23. Thousands of Adana inhabitants enjoyed themselves with Seda Sayan songs.
- "Burgazada Cup Yacht Race” was organized on August 23 by the Turkish Off-shore Racing Club (TORC) under the sponsorship of DenizBank.
- DenizBank, the fastest growing bank in housing loans with a 35% increase in loan volume in the first half of 2008 signed a protocol with WEC International. This protocol offers brand new solutions in housing loans. Denizbank Retail Banking Group Executive Vice President delivered a speech in the meeting held in Hyatt Regency Hotel for the signature ceremony of the protocol on August 28 2008.
- Another "Producer Dissemination Meeting” was held in Diyarbakır Chamber of Commerce on August 29 2008 with the participation of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Affairs Mehdi Eker, CEO&President of DenizBank Financial Services Group Hakan Ateş and the Chairman of Board of Directors of Sancak Holding Ethem Sancak.
- "Agricultural Festival” provided as a gift to farmers by DenizBank, being the private bank investing the most in the agricultural sector came to a close with the activities held between August 29-31. In the press conference organized in El Ruha Hotel on August 30 with the participation of Hakan Ateş, President&CEO of DFSG, attendees were provided information on the Agricultural Festival which took place between May 15 and August 30. The Festival covered 6.500 villages and DenizBank field teams traveled 815 thousand kilometers during the festival reaching 3 million producers. On August 30, Seda Sayan and Cenk Eren sang their songs for producers of Urfa in Atatürk Stadium in the closing concert of the Agricultural Festival.
- ”TORC Trophy Moda Sea Club Cup II” was held in Moda on August 30 2008 under the sponsorship of our Bank.
- Our Bank concluded protocols with Turhal, Kastamonu and Muğla Chambers of Commerce and Industry. Within the framework of these protocols, SMEs which are members of the aforementioned chambers are granted Support Credit with Monthly Installments, Letter of Guarantee, Revolving and Sport Credits with maturity options extending from 3 month to 36 months and special interest rates.
- The second of the "Seda Sayan Concerts” to be organized within the framework of Agricultural Festival was held in Kayseri on July 5th. The audience, being DenizBank "Producer Card” holders and their families had a great time in the concert which lasted 2 hours.
- The Producer Informing Seminars” held in Salihli Lidya Thermal Hotel on July 10th and in Aydın Anemon Hotel on July 11th were attended by Gökhan Ertürk, DenizBank SME and Agricultural Banking Executive Vice President, Saruhan Özel, Chief Economist of DenizBank and Suer Anaç, Ege University Faculty of Agriculture, Agricultural Machinery-Farm Structures and Irrigation Department Chair.
- "Naval Cup” offshore race, organized by TORC (Turkish Offshore Racing Club) under the sponsorship of our Bank, was held on July 11th, 2008.
- The off-shore races organized in the framework of "TORC Trophy Eastern Aegean Sailing Week” and with DenizBank sponsorship were held in Çeşme on July 15th.
- The 4th of the "Seda Sayan Concerts” to be organized within the framework of Agricultural Festival was held in Manisa University Stadium on July 19th. Thousands of Manisa inhabitants had a great time singing songs.
- Seminars of "DenizBank Entrepreneurial Academy”, sponsored by DenizBank, were held in Manisa Chamber of Commerce on June 19th-20th.
- Our information seminars for producers held within the framework of Agricultural Festival continued at Cemil Şensoy Cultural Center and at Giresun Municipality Theater on July 11th. Osman Ecevit gave a speeches on the effects of global climate change on Black Sea Region and the precautions inhabitants could take.
- The 5th of the 8 concerts to be organized within the framework of Agricultural Festival was held in Bursa on Sunday, July 27th. Thousands of Bursa inhabitants had a great time with the singers Seda Sayan and Cenk Eren.
- We sponsored the Robert College Theater Festival on June 2nd 2008.
- We held information seminars for producers within the framework of Agricultural Festival in Eskişehir on June 3rd, 2008 and in Bandırma on June 4th, 2008.
- Having successfully completed its 10th year, our Bank celebrated its 10th anniversary with a special organization held on June 5th in Çırağan Palace. The "10plus” night, attended by the DenizBank personnel and all DenizBank allies, proved that our Bank will continue sailing confidently and rapidly at its course.
- The Producer Informing Seminar” held in Bursa Uludağ Exporters' Association Hall on June 6th 2008 was attended by Ahmet Çelik, DenizBank Agricultural Banking Marketting Department Head, and many other specialist academics.
- The first "GOLDEN HORN AWARD 2008” prices, organized by the Belgian Chamber of Commerce in Turkey and sponsored partly by our Bank, were presented to the winners on June 9th during a Gala Evening and Award Ceremony at Esma Sultan Yalısı.
- Gökhan Ertürk, DenizBank SME and Agricultural Banking Executive Vice President, Saruhan Özel, Chief Economist of DenizBank and İbrahim Yetkin, President of the Agriculturers' Association of Turkey gave valuable speeches in the information seminars held in Konya Mercantile Exchange Conference Hall on June 11th and in Karaman Yunus Emre Conference Hall on June 12th for producers within the framework of Agricultural Festival.
- "DenizBank Marmara Coup” offshore race, organized by TORC (Turkish Offshore Racing Club) under the sponsorship of our Bank, which provides financial support for the development of Turkish maritime sector, was held on June 7th-8th , 2008. The winners were awarded their prizes at the ceremony held in Fenerbahce Faruk Ilgaz Facilities on June 12th, 2008.
- A signing ceremony was held for the "Municipality Global Loan Finance Contract” signed on Friday, 13 June in Swissotel by DenizBank and European Investment Bank. Signed for the first time in Turkey with DenizBank, the contract established a total loan package of € 150 mn, with a maturity of up to 12 years.
- The "Active Academy 1. Agricultural Summit" was held for the first time in Antalya Talya Hotel on June 18th. The opening speech was given by Mehmet Mehdi Eker, Turkish Minister of Agricultural and Rural Affairs and Hakan Ateş, DenizBank Financial Services Group President and CEO, gave a speech in the session titled "Alternative Approaches in Agricultural Financing”.
- The second of the "Seda Sayan Concerts” to be organized within the framework of Agricultural Festival was held in Konya on Saturday, June 21st. Approximately 8 thousand Konya inhabitants, being DenizBank "Producer Card” holders and their families, attended the concert. The concert lasted 2 hours and thousands of Konya inhabitants sang songs with the singers Seda Sayan and had a great time.
- Turkey's 4 giant institutions gathered in İzmir in order to train future entrepreneurs. Seminars of "DenizBank Entrepreneurial Academy”, sponsored by DenizBank, were held in İzmir Chamber of Commerce on June 23 with the cooperation of Deulcom International and Yeni Asır.
- The information seminars organized for producers within the framework of Agricultural Festival which was launched on May 14th, 2008, World Farmers' Day, the first and largest organization for agricultural producers, and given as a gift to Turkish producers, continued in Kayseri on June 25th and in Yozgat on June 26th .
- We have undertaken the sponsorship of the "Golden Anchor Awards” which was held by Dünya Newspaper Perşembe Rotası and the Maritime News Agency.
- This year, we realized our DFSG 11th Captains' Meeting with the participation of over 700 managers between May 1st and 4th in Side Sueno Beach Hotel. We realized enjoyable and productive activities such as successful meetings, sports activities and gala night.
- The TORC Trophy Moda Sea Club races were realized on May 3rd under the sponsorship of DenizBank.
- A press conference was held on May 7th , Wednesday in BUMED seminar room in Bosphorus University. In this conference, our Bank realized an exemplary cooperation with "BUYEM (Bosphorus University Life-Long Education Center)”, which is one of the leading high-quality educational institutions in Turkey. The purpose of this cooperation is to bring up well-educated, specialized real estate consultants and cover the qualified human resource gap occurring in parallel with the growth in real estate sector.
- Presidential Symphony Orchestra Spring Concert was organized under the sponsorship of Private Banking between May 8th and 9th in the Conference Hall of the Ministry of National Education.
- A colloquial meeting was jointly organized by our Bank and the Association of Industrialists and Businessmen of Denizli (DESIAD) on May 8th with the participation of our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel.
- In order to extend our gratitude to our more than 180 thousand farmer customers, we launched the "DenizBank Agricultural Festival” Project on the World Farmers' Day, May 14th in Swissotel. This project is Turkey's most comprehensive project dedicated to agricultural sector. It is planned to carry out the festival from May 15th to August 30th. The target is to reach 65 provinces, 813 districts and approximately 86% of the 36.669 villages in our country.
- Our Bank was one of the sponsors of the 2nd Llyod's List Turkey Maritime Awards night which was held on May 15th in Çırağan Palace. We presented the "Life-Long Success” plaquette, which was the most significant award of the night, to Captain Altay Altuğ.
- We declared the 2008 First Quarter profit as TL 85 mio.
- Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra, the sponsorship of which we have assumed for three years closed the 2007-2008 season with the concert held on May 16th in AKM (Atatürk Culture Center).
- We started the Agricultural Festival Loans on May 21st in Keşan. Our Chief Economist Saruhan Özel made a briefing about the latest economic developments.
- We had a meeting in Silivri on May 22nd within the framework of Agricultural Festival for information purposes. Our Agricultural Banking Marketing Department Head Ahmet Çelik and Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel participated in these meetings.
- "Investate 08-Turkish Coasts Real Estate Meeting” was held between May 24th and 25th in Bodrum Princess Hotel under the main sponsorship of our Bank. People having invested in Turkish Coasts or the ones who are intending to make investments, local administrators and people interested in real estate and tourism sectors came together in this event. The President and CEO of DFSG delivered a speech in this meeting.
- The first of the 8 concerts organized under Agricultural Festival was held in Lüleburgaz on May 31st, Saturday. Approximately 8 thousand people attended the concert which lasted about 2 hours. DenizBank "Producer Card” holders and their families were invited to the concert. Thousands of Thracians had a great time singing songs with Seda Sayan.
- The publicity campaign of our Chief Economist Saruhan Özel's book titled "Global Dengesizliklerin Dengesi/The Equilibrium of Global Disequilibria” took place in DenizAcademy with the participation of Private Banking Customers.
- DenizBank presented the "SME Card”, which is known as the first and most advantageous card in this field, for SMEs. The SME Card was launched and introduced to press members in a meeting held on April 8th in Swissotel.
- The "Investate 08-Turkish Coasts Real Estate Investment Meeting” Press Conference was held on April 10th in The Sofa Hotel. Hakan Ateş, the President&CEO of DFSG delivered a speech and said that through this sponsorship they intended to increase the awareness of investors interested in real estate market and support their entrepreneurship excitement.
- "Infrastructure and Project Finance Conference”, amongst the sponsors of which are our Bank and Dexia, was held by financial magazine, Euromoney in Movenpick Hotel on April 10th and 11th.
- Following the Turkish Offshore Racing Club (TORC) Trophy F.Çelikbaş Coup II races which were held in Kalamış on April 11th 2008, the "Fahir Çelikbaş Coup Award Ceremony” was realized on April 20th in Kuruçeşme Divan.
- Marine Money Istanbul Ship Finance Forum was held on April 17th in Swissotel under the sponsorship of DenizBank.
- "Forum İstanbul 2008” during which "Turkey's Stability and Growth Attack” was discussed by eminent people from Turkey and the world was held between April 23rd and 25th in Swissotel with the participation of our Minister Mehdi Eker. The colloquial dinner organized by our Bank on April 24th with the participation of Mr. Mehdi Eker made its mark on the night.
- Bahçeşehir University Banking&Insurance Days were held on April 30th under the sponsorship of DenizBank.
- "The Equilibrium of Global Disequilibriums”, the 3rd book of Dr. Saruhan Özel, the 22nd book of DenizKültür was published. Based on the turmoil and fluctuations in the global markets in the last period, the book was offered for sale by Alfa Publications on March 1
- 2nd Risk Management Summit of Active Academy which we sponsor was realized on March 5 in Swissotel.
- "Support Package” which includes the products and services developed by our SME Banking department in line with the needs of enterprises was presented to the members of Istanbul Chamber of Commerce in a press conference held on February 12. Our CEO&President Hakan Ateş, our Executive Vice President responsible for SME and Agricultural Banking, Gökhan Ertürk and President of Istanbul Chamber of Commerce, Murat Yalçıntaş participated in the meeting.
- We organized a trip to Vienna on February 14-15 for our Private Banking Customers.
- We realized the gala night of the Turkey's Journal documentary on February 12 in Swissotel. The preparations for the documentary have been continuing for about one and a half year. Short films were added at the end of each part. Approximately 100 famous cinema and theater players took role in these films.
- We gathered all of the employees of Intertech, one of our subsidiaries, in the meeting called "From Dreams to Future” held on February 16,17 in Abant.
- Our Retail Banking Group had regional meetings in İstanbul , Antalya, Bursa, Adana, Ankara, Aegean Region and Western Anatolia.
- On February 28 in Istanbul Dedeman, we organized a meeting in collaboration with Reality World on a new cooperation offering important advantages for those who wish to buy second hand houses.
- We organized a dinner for the 17th anniversary of the establishment of Ostim Industrialists and Businessmen Association sponsored by our SME Banking in Ankara Gazi University.
- We sponsored the New Year Concert held by Presidential Symphony Orchestra on December 27, in Ankara Anadolu Congress Center.
- We realized the New Year concert of Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra, whose corporate sponsorship we assume, in Atatürk Culture Center.
- We organized the launch of the "Turkey's Journal” project, which was prepared with the cooperation of Nebil Özgentürk as a present to the 85th anniversary of the Republic of Turkey, on January 9 in Radission SAS Ortaköy.
- We sponsored the Ecology Summit organized by our SME and Agricultural Banking on January 18 in İstanbul Expo Center.
- In the traditional TAYK Trophesy Ball held by Turkish Offshore Yachting Club (TAYK) in Conrad Hotel on January 22, we announced that we assumed the corporate sponsorship of TAYK.
- On January 2004, we realized the opening of DenizAkademi as our Training Department was restructured under the name of DenizAkademi and started to serve in its new premises. In the opening, our CEO& President Mr. Hakan Ateş, our Executive Vice President responsible for DenizBank Human Resources Mr. Tanju Kaya and the Chairman of the Board of Directors, Dirk Bruneel delivered a speech.
- DenizHayat, one of our subsidiaries realized meetings on the cooperation with PTT and products on January 26 and February 5-6 in Movenpick Hotel and in Ankara, respectively.
- On January 24, we hosted a dinner in Pupa Teras in order to celebrate the first anniversary of our expatriates' assignment in DenizBank.
- We presented inter-Next, which is an integrated banking platform vitalized with the collaboration of Intertech and Microsoft, in a press conference held on January 30 in Swissotel. In the meeting our CEO& President Mr. Hakan Ateş, General Manager of Intertech Mrs. Dilek Duman and General Manager of Microsoft Turkey Mr. Çağlayan Arkan delivered a speech and answered the questions of journalists.
- This year, we sponsored the traditional New Year Concert of Presidential Symphony Orchestra held on December 27 as we did last year.
- Our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel made a presentation on "Global, Economic Developments, Their effects on Turkey, Expectations” to the members of Malkara Commodity Exchange. In the meeting, the participants were informed also about our bank's banking understanding vis-à-vis enterprises and agricultural sector.
- We sponsored the Hotel and Restaurant Equipments Fair between December 14 and 17.
- We organized a New Year's party for all of our employees working in Istanbul and neighboring cities in Grand Cevahir Hotel on December 12.
- As DenizBank Private Banking, we sponsored the Luxurious Brands Fair realized in Hilton Exhibition and Convention Center on December 8, 9. We invited our Private Banking customers from outside of Istanbul and hosted them in the Luxurious Brands Fair and Boat Show Fair which were organized simultaneously.
- We sponsored Active Academy 5th Finance Summit held in Swissotel on December 5-6, 2007.
- We sponsored Forum Istanbul Conference realized in Swissotel on November 12-13.
- We sponsored the Sakite'07 Award Ceremony held in Hilton İstanbul Convention &Exhibition Center on November 12. Our CEO Hakan Ateş was presented a plaque for our contribution to the night.
- We sponsored Antalya Times Tourism Stars Award Ceremony realized in Antalya on November 4.
- We realized meetings in which our bank's new products and services tailored to tourism sector were presented to our customers in Antalya on November 2, in Fethiye on November 7, in Manavgat on November 12, İn Bodrum on November 22 and in Kuşadası on November 23.
- This year, we sponsored Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra as we did last year. The orchestra opened the season with a concert held in St. Irene on October 20.
- We organized "iftar” dinner for our SME customers of Rami and Adapazarı branches on October 1 and 2 respectively. Our Chief Economist made a presentation on Global, Economic Developments, Their effects on Turkey, Expectations” to the participants.
- We organized an "iftar” dinner for our Commercial Banking customers in Sait Halim Paşa Yalısı on September, the 20th.
- We held a press conference regarding the financing support we provide for the biggest milk production facility in Europe with Ata Sancak company in Çırağan Palace on September, the 19th.
- We held a press conference to introduce "Family Card”, a card collection system with Ülker company in Mövenpick Hotel on September, the 6th.
- We organized a special event for the press and our customers with the support of SME Banking Group, special cars and experienced pilots of Intercity in İstanbul Park on September the 1st and 2nd.
- We held a press conference about our cooperation with Intercity in Swissotel on August, the 22nd.
- We realized the opening of DenizBank Sea&Miles Lounge located in İDO Yenikapı Terminal with a press conference on July 5.
- We sponsored the Theater Days of Robert College which were organized between June 4 and 9.
- Breaking many new grounds in terms of agricultural support in Turkey, DenizBank signed an agreement with Çukurova Pamuk, Yerfıstığı ve Yağlı Tohumlar Tarım Satış Kooperatifleri Birliği offering important advantages to the members of the union. Regarding this issue, the press conference was realized on June 6, Park Zirve Zaimoğlu – Safran Balo Salonu in Adana.
- A protocol was signed in Balıkesir plant of Banvit between DenizBank and Banvit Yem Sanayi on June 15. Within the framework of the newly- vitalized cooperation, farmers holding DenizBank Producer Card gain the opportunity of purchasing animal feed from Banvit, an important animal fee company in the sector, with a grace period of 3 months.
- A protocol was signed between DenizBank and Inegol Branch of Turkish Union of Agricultural Chambers and Inegol Branch of Turkish Association of Mukhtars on June 21. Within the framework of this protocol, farmers who are member to Inegöl Agriculture Chamber will from now on benefit from the advantages offered by Producer Card.
- We hosted the pupils who are studying with the scholarship of our Bank at TED, which we support with our corporate support, for three days in Istanbul. In addition to their trip in Istanbul, we helped our pupils have some idea about banking by guiding them in different departments of our Bank.
- We sponsored the ceremony of Altın Çıpa Shipping Awards held on June 29 in Sait Halim Paşa.
- We sponsored the first Tanju Okan Urla Yacht Competition held on June 30 and July 1.
- "The first application of Visa PayWave” technology was realized in Sea&Miles platform with the coordination of Visa-DenizBank . Regarding this issue, a press conference was held on May 2 in Conrad Hotel.
- we sponsored the spring concerts on May 3, 4 of the Presidential Symphony Orchestra.
- We sponsored the Poem Symposium of Robert College on May 5.
- We contributed to the donation night of TED, the corporate sponsorship of which we assume, on May 7.
- We sponsored the "1st International Emotional Intelligence and Communication Symposium: Perfection Vision in Professional Life” realized by Communication Faculty of Ege University on May 7,8,9 in 2007 in Ege Üniversitesi Atatürk Kültür Merkezi.
- Our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel made a presentation on "Global, Economic Developments, Their Influence on Turkey, Expectations” on May 9 and 16 for the customers of Kırıkkale, İstoç, Otocenter and Keresteciler Sitesi branches.
- We sponsored Forum Istanbul Conference on May 10, 11 in Swissotel.
- ”How to become a landlord? Housing Loan and Mortgage Conference” was held in TİM Show Center on May 12, 13 in 2007 under the main sponsorship of DenizBank.
- Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra, the corporate sponsor hip of which we have assumed since two years, closed the 2006-2007 season with "3 Tenors Concert” on May 25 in AKM. Important figures from the press world attended the concert which was organized in memoriam of the deceased tenor Ömer Yılmaz.
- Our Agricultural Banking shared its products and special solutions with farmers in Polatlı, Rize, Kumluca on April 5, April 9 and April 20 respectively.
- We sponsored the 4. Morine Money Istanbul Ship Finance Forum in Swissotel, on April 12.
- We organized the 10th Meeting of Managers in Silence Park Resort Hotel between April 12 and 15.
- Introducing many innovations in Turkish agricultural sector, DenizBank realized the launching of "Producer Card”, the first and unique card in the world in terms of the facilities and services it offers, in the press conference held on April 18 in Çırağan Palace.
- As DenizBank Call Center with our 50 benevolents, we acted as mediatory with our 4.500 calls and and commitments to collect donations amounting to TL 4,85 million during the TOÇEV donation campaign which was broadcasted live on April 21 on Show TV.
- We again acted as mediatory to collect donations in the donation campaign of UNICEF-NTV on April 23.
- Turkish laureates of Lloyd's List , one of the most rooted and prestigious shipping awards of the world, were announced in a ceremony held on April 26 in Çırağan Palace. DenizBank was deemed to deserve the award of "Shipping Financer of the Year” thanks to its contributions in Turkish maritime sector.
- We realized "Knowing about Dexia-Turkey” seminar for our top managers in Ritz Carlton Hotel on Friday, March 2 2007 under the hosting of Dirk Bruneel, Chairman of DenizBank Board of Directors and Hakan Ateş, CEO of DenizBank.
- A press meeting was held on March 6 in Four Seasons Hotel for the presentation of the book titled Istanbul Kültür-Istanbul Turizm published under the sponsorship of DenizBank.
- We organized a press meeting at Bahçeşehir University on Thursday, March 8, 2007 to present the loan model which will be applied for the first time in Turkey as a result of the cooperation with Bahçeşehir University. Thanks to the project which was started with the aim of providing equal opportunities in education, the students will be able to pay their tuition fees with their salaries when they start working.
- Our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel made a presentation on "Global Economic Developments, Their influence on Turkey, Expectations” in Merter Greenpark Otel for the branch customers of Demirciler Sitesi .
- We organized a press conference about DenizBank -Cisco Capital cooperation on Thursday 22 March 2007 in Swissotel.
- On March 23, we realized the Ordinary General Assembly Meeting.
- The representatives of DenizBank Agricultural Banking explained the products and solutions tailored to farmers on Marc 8 in Denizli, on March 13 in Aksaray, on March 21 in Adana, on March 22 in Antakya, on March 26 in Tekirdağ and on March 28 in Manisa.
- On March 9, our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel made a presentation on "Global Economic Developments, Their influence on Turkey, Expectations” for the members of Istanbul Union of Chambers of Craftsmen and Artisans.
- A protocol was signed between DenizBank and Istanbul Union of Chambers of Craftsmen and Artisans on March 30. In accordance with this protocol, it was started to offer loan facilities to the union members.
- Internal launching of our Agricultural Banking was realized on March 31 in İzmir Hilton Hotel.
- Kick Off meetings on the new structuring of our Retail Banking Group directed to portfolio managers were held between February 3 and February 25.
- Our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel met the SMEs and representatives of agricultural sector in Edirne on Wednesday, 7 February 2007 and made e presentation on "Global Economic Developments, Their influence on Turkey and Expectations.”
- The 4th International Congress on Public and Local Administration Financing was held in Hyatt Regency Hotel on February 13, 14 2007 with the joint support of DenizBank and our main shareholder, Dexia a world leader in public-local administration and project financing.
- We hosted DenizBank Private Banking's customers coming from various cities in Istanbul on February 17 and between February 22 and 24. We organized Boat Show visit and dinners within the framework of the program
- We realized Audit Committee Meeting directed to the auditors of our Bank in Conrad Hotel on February 27.
- All the members of Dexia Board of Directors, analysts following up the financial results of DenizBank and a group of international journalists got together in Istanbul between February 28 and March 1. After the financial results of DenizBank Financial Services Group for the year 2006 were announced, a concert under Belgian Chief Norbert Nozy was held with Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra in Adile Sultan Palace in the evening of the same day.
- We issued the first edition of our internal communication magazine, Team Spirit.
- The Extraordinary General Assembly Meeting of our Bank was held on January 17.
- Our Chief Economist Dr. Saruhan Özel made a presentation on "Global Economic Developments, Their Influence on Turkey and Expectations” to the investors and businessmen in Düzce and Adana on January 17 and 25 respectively.
- DenizBank signed the sales contract with Global Hayat Sigorta, which is a subsidiary of Global Yatırım Holding. Meeting its customers' life insurance needs through the mediation of insurance companies the agency affairs of which it conducts since its establishment, DenizBank will respond from now on to its 2 million customers' life insurance needs through Global Hayat.
- We sponsored the "International Finance Symposium” organised by Marmara University, Banking and Insurance Academy at the BIST Conference Hall on the 25-26th of May.
- We sponsored "We Produce With Our Handicap” project in cooperation with the Physically Challenged Foundation aiming to enable as many handicapped people as possible to contribute to the economy.
- We sponsored the Presidency Symphony Orchestra spring concerts on 04-05 May.
- We sponsored the 3rd Istanbul Ship Financing Forum organised by Marine Money International at Swissotel on the 4th of May.
- We sponsored the "Şımarık Kız” Ballet staged and performed by the State Opera and Ballet and whose premier was on the 2nd of May.
- The opening and award ceremony of the photography contest on "Working Children”, which we sponsored, were held on the 1st of May.
- We sponsored the "Corporate Governance and Sustainable Growth” conference. The event will continue until November 2006 with various activities.
- We organised the press launching of our subsidiary Deniz Türev, which will provide new horizons to Turkish investors by enabling access to more than 1000 products in 30 different stock markets in the world.
- We sponsored the 1st Culture and Literature symposium at Robert College on the 22nd of April.
- We sponsored the Control of Information Technologies Symposium organised by Artifex on April 19-22.
- We sponsored European Environmental Politics and Turkey's Adaptation Symposium at Bahçeşehir University on the 21st of April.
- Our chief economist Dr. Saruhan Özel gave seminars on "Global Economical Developments and Effects on Turkey and Expectations” to Tuzla Rotary Club members at the Caddebostan Culture Center on the 19th of April and to the citizens of Söke on the 20th of April.
- We organised our 3rd Ordinary General Assembly Meeting at Dedeman Hotel on the 28th of March.
- Press launching of a joint project with Istanbul Deniz Otobüsleri called "IDO Card” at Esma Sultan Mansion on the 10th of March.
- We organised the Inspection Committee Meeting for our inspectors on the 10th of March.
- We organised our "Business Notes” seminar on the 16th of March, with which we aim to inform all businesses from all sectors.
- Our chief economist Dr. Saruhan Özel Ödemiş met with the citizens of Ödemiş on the 8th of March.
- We sponsored the charity night of TED Ankara College Sports Club on the 29th of March.
- On the 17th of February we organised a press meeting at Çırağan Palace where our financial data of 2005 were communicated.
- We signed a frame agreement with the Japanese International Cooperation Bank at Hilton Hotel on the 7th of February.
- Our subsidiary DenizLeasing sponsored ITU Engineering Faculty's International Management Science and Career Days between the 28th Of February and the 4th of March.
- We sponsored the Presidency Symphony Orchestra's New Year Concerts on the 28-29-30th of December.
- We organised a New Year Cocktail Party for all our employees in Istanbul and nearby cities at the Hilton Convention Center on 26.12.2005.
- Our book named "The Ottoman Empire From The Tanzimat To The Second Constitution And Abdülhamid In Light Of Objective History” prepared by Alpay Kabacalı was published as the cultural publication of the year 2006.
- We organised the launching of DenizBank Business¬ Banking on the Savarona Yacht on 12.12.2005.
- We sponsored a movie theatre at the Cevahir Shopping Mall. The theatre will be in service under the name of "DenizBank Movie Theatre”.
- We sponsored the events during the 30th Economists Week held at Lütfü Kırdar Center on the 15-16-17th of December.
- We were the main sponsor of the "Small and Middle Sized Business and Productivity Conference” organised at Ceylan Hotel on the 2nd and 3rd of December.
- We sponsored the 3rd Finance Summit held at Lütfü Kırdar Center on the 1st and 2nd of December.
- We sponsored "Entrepreneurship for the Youth in Anatolia” project of Society Volunteers Foundation. The first of the introduction meetings was in Malatya İnönü University on the 15th of December, followed by a second one in Eskişehir Osmangazi University on the 21st of December.
- We supported the Turkish Education Volunteers Foundation by buying invitations for their 10th Anniversary Ball at Conrad Hotel on 24.11.2005.
- We were the main sponsor of the only Turkish team "Atlantic Girls” who would cross the Atlantic Ocean during the ARC race between the 20th of November and the 20th of December.
- Our chief economist Dr. Saruhan Özel gave a seminar to the clients of our Şirinevler Branch on 22.11.2005.
- We organised a seminar on "Business Notes” for our Business Banking clientele at Ceylan Intercontinental Hotel on the 18th of November.
- We held a meeting on 10.11.2005 about "New Regional Restructuring” for our regional and branch managers.
- We organised an "iftar” dinner for Commercial Banking clientele on the 9th of November. Also our chief economist Dr.Saruhan Özel gave a seminar.
- On the 7th of November our chief economist Dr. Saruhan Özel presented a seminar for Moda Sea Club members through DenizBank Kadıköy Branch.
- We were the main sponsor of the Republic Cup Equitation Races organised by İzmir Equitation Club on 29th and 30th of October.
- We organised Syndication Signing Ceremony at the Sait Halim Paşa Mansion on 25.10.2005.
- We sponsored the 2005-2006 season concerts of the Istanbul State Symphony Orchestra. The opening concert was on the 7th of October at Aya İrini.
- We sponsored the Samsun Sailing Club and Ankara Laila.
- The "Plant Automation Smart Card Management System” which was prepared in coordination with the Kütahya Sugar Plant in order to increase the efficiency in work processes and facilitate the lives of the producers was put into use with a ceremony at Kütahya Sugar Plant on the 28th of September.
- We have held the eighth annual traditional 'Executives Meeting' on 15-18 September at Bodrum İber Hotel Princess this year.
- Our subsidiary TarişMenkul, together with the cooperation of Söke Trade Stock organised an informative meeting about "Futures and Options” for the investors in Söke.
- We celebrated our 8th anniversary on the 25th of August at our Headquarters and Regional Centers, and presented our employees who had finished their 5th year in DenizBank with honorary plaques.
- DenizBank AG received a syndication loan of 80 million Usf with a maturity date of 1 year with Raiffeisen Zentral Bank (RZB), Erste Bank and Bank of New York as the lead arrangers.
- We achieved the highest Corporate Governance rating and were placed at the first place in the "Corporate Governance Evaluation Report” prepared by the foregoing investment counselling firm EFG Menkul Değerler.
- We sponsored the Marine Forces Cup Sabah Open Sea Races held between the 15-23rd of July. Our general manager Hakan Ateş was among the competitors.
- We sponsored the Istanbul 11. Anatolia Conference of AISEC at the Kemerburgaz Marin Princess Hotel on 8-10 July.
- We organised the opening cocktail of our Erzurum Branch on the 5th of July.
- The internationally acclaimed banking magazine, The Banker*, announced DenizBank as the 8th fastest growing bank in the world in terms of Tier I Capital.(*July, 2005)
- We sponsored the summer party of the International Advertising Association held at Reina on the 27th of June.
- DenizBank received five-year and seven-year securitization loans worth US$ 220 million and US$ 80 million, respectively, from international markets, secured by customer remittances from abroad.
- On the 15th of June we organised a dinner for our Central Anatolia Regional Office Fund Management Group Private Banking clientele and our chief economist Dr. Saruhan Özel presented a seminar.
- Our chief economist gave a seminar to businessmen and women and investors in Balıkesir on 8th of the June.
- We had our opening cocktails of our Lüleburgaz Branch on the 1st of June, Tarsus Branch on the 13th of June and Anamur Branch on the 14th of June.
- We sponsored the 2nd International Small and Mid-Sized Businesses Days on 26-27 May. Our Business Banking Department was present with a stand.
- Our chief economist Dr. Saruhan Özel gave a seminar to business men/women and investors in Antakya on the 24th of May.
- On the 13th of May we organised a launch meeting at Çırağan Hotel for our joint project with Lufthansa Miles & More Visa Card.
- We sponsored the Istanbul Robert College Theatre Festival on the 6th of May. Our General Manager Hakan Ateş presented awards to the successful students.
- We sponsored the 38. Annual Governors Meeting of Asian Development Bank on 04-06 May.
- We sponsored the Forum Istanbul Conference held at Swiss Hotel on the 04-05-06th of May. Our bank was also present in the fair with a stand.
- We sponsored the last album of Jazz artist Tuna Ötenel called "How much do you love me?”.
- We sponsored 4 PAM (Profilo San. A.Ş) High Schools Theatre Gathering.
- The award ceremony of Mehmet Zorlu Foundation 2nd Story and Drawing competition among Zorlu Group employees was held at the Ortaköy Afife Jale Theatre on the 30th of April.
- We sponsored the "International Valuable Stones and Metals Symposium” held at ITU on the 29 and 30th of April, 2005.
- On the 28th of March, 2005 DenizBank branches started to serve their clients during lunch hours.
- We sponsored the Konya Agriculture Fair, which was organised between the dates of 20 and 24 April. The Agricultural Banking Department was present in the fair with their stand.
- A dinner was served for our Private Banking Clientele at G by Karaf Restaurant. Afterwards, our chief economist Dr. Saruhan Özel gave a seminar.
- Free Thinking Meeting for our bank employees was made under the supervision of Ali Saydam at Mövenpick Hotel on the 14th of April.
- A meet and talk event with Ethem Sancak was organised at Mövenpick Hotel on the 14th of April.
- A Customer Segmentation meeting for the branch managers was held at Mövenpick Hotel on the 7th of April further to the changes in branch structures.
- The Pehlivanoğlu Credit Card promotional meeting was held at Ege Palas Hotel on the 7th of April.
- Trabzonspor's Public Offering Meeting was held on the 5th of April.
- Our Ordinary General Assembly Meeting was held at Dedeman Hotel on the 28th of March.
- The Analyst Meeting regarding the Public Offering of Trabzonspor was held at Mövenpick Hotel on the 16th of March.
- An award ceremony was organised for the top achievers in "Virtual Portfolio Competition” with a record breaking attendance rate at Mövenpick Hotel on the 11th of March.
- The promotion of "Nakit Card” application which was developed by DenizBank to facilitate the lives of business owners in Mersin was held at İçel Pharmacy Cooperative on the 12th of March.
- Our chief economist Dr. Saruhan Özel presented seminars to businessmen/women and investors, in Ayvalık on the 2nd of March, at "9 Eylül University” on the 3nd of March and in Denizli on the 16th of March for the Halk Caddesi Branch.
- A press meeting was organised on the 28th of February for Trabzonspor's Public Offering.
- Edak-Nakit Card and its facilitating features for the pharmacists in İzmir were explained during a presentation at Izmir Hilton on the 21st of February.
- On the 17th of February a press meeting, where Denizbank's financial data of 2004 were communicated, was held at Mövenpick Hotel.
- International rating agency Moody's assigned BAA3 to DenizBank for long term deposit rating in TL.
- TarişMenkul supported the 3rd Stock Market Arena organised on the 3rd of February under the heading "Futures and Options – Risk Management” to promote FO to the investors in Izmir.
- DenizBank's General Manager Hakan Ateş participated in the annual Microsoft Executive Summit (MS) 2005, which was held in Prag this year and shared the success story of DenizBank with the summit participants.
- One Way Vision application where the façade of branches were covered with penguin families representing Retail Banking Group.
- An "Information Technologies Brain Storming” meeting for top level managers was organised at Heybeliada Halki Palace Hotel on the 29th of January.
- Between the 19th and the 23rd of January we organised a trip to Barcelona for branch employees who have had been successful in the Public Offering of our bank.
- Our chief economist Dr. Saruhan Özel gave seminars to businessmen/women and investors in Malatya on the 9th and Kahramanmaraş on the 10th of January.
- At our Extraordinary General Assembly Meeting on December 30, Thursday, we announced that our paid-in-capital was raised from 290 trillions to 316.1 trillions.
- On December 23 Thursday, at Istanbul Greenpark Hotel, we promoted the "Cash Card”, applied for Anadolu Emek pharmacy supplier, a service we developed to accommodate enterprise owners.
- We held a meeting at the Esma Sultan Waterside Residence to promote our publication company DenizBank Culture & Art Publications Trade and Industry Co., in short "DenizKültür”. The company will provide cultural services.
- We were the main sponsor for the SME (KOBİ) Congress held in Ceylan Intercontinental Hotel on December 11-12. Our general manager Mr. Hakan Ateş made a speech at the opening session of the congress.
- We organized opening cocktails for our Aegean Corporate Branch on December 7, Ankara Corporate Branch on December 9, and Istanbul Corporate Branch on December 10.
- We were the sponsor of the 2nd International Finance Summit organized by Active Line. Our General Manager Mr. Hakan Ateş made a speech at the summit.
- Our chief economist Dr. Saruhan Özel presented a seminar on December 1 to the investors of Gaziantep. The seminar was organized by our Gaziantep branch and HÜRSİAD (Association of Free Industrialists and Businessmen).
- We were the main sponsor for the 2nd Agriculture Council in Ankara on November 28-30.
- Our prime Minister attended the council meeting where our Generel Manager Mr. Hakan Ateş made a speech.
- The 7th DenizBank managers meeting in Antalya Belek Xanadu Hotel.
- We awarded branches, which performed successfully in the public offering of our bank and received the highest bids. The awards included trips to Rome and Cyprus, meals for the whole branch, gifts and plaques.
- We sponsored the "Residential Financing Conference” on December 9-10 in the Ritz-Carlton Hotel.
- We organized an iftar* dinner for our customers from the maritime sector at Ajia Restaurant.
- Our top-level management visited Korteks on November 3 where the success of the DenizBank public offering was told to the employees. Then, an iftar dinner was held for businessmen of Bursa.
- We sponsored the Ankara branch of the nightclub Laila.
- On October 24, there was the OPSKO Meeting and iftar dinner at Dedeman Hotel.
- We participated with a stand to the Aegean Agriculture, Greenhouse and Animal Husbandry Fair on November 25, where we promoted our banking products.
- In association with our Nazilli branch, Mr. Ahmet Zorlu gave an interview at Adnan Menderes University on October 20.
- On October 18, at Feriye Restaurant, we held the signature ceremony for the syndicated loan of $ 325 million at a 1-year maturity acquired from foreign markets.
- DenizInvestment took part in the International Investment, Trade and Financing Conference on October 12-13 in Ceylan Hotel.
- Our Agriculture Banking Department represented us at the Bursa Agriculture Fair on October 6-10 and promoted our agriculture banking products.
- On September 28, we held a press conference at Mövenpick Hotel to publicize the success of our public offering.
- We repeated the cocktails in honor of our public offering in Ankara Sheraton on September 21 and in İzmir Hilton on September 22.
- On September 20, we held an informative meeting about the DenizBank Public Offering and a cocktail prolongé at Swisshotel inviting leading figures of the sector and press.
- We sponsored the Denizli Fair on September 22-26.
- During the months of May-June-July, the Retail Banking Group organized a campaign called "Champions in Antalya” towards branches that sold the highest number of credit cards, mutual funds and signed new school-salary contracts. 3 employees from the top three branches won a holiday for 3 nights and 4 days at Antalya Lares Park Hotel with one guest each.
- Prior to the public offering, we organized informative meetings for our executives mainly from İstanbul, İzmir and Ankara.
- DenizInvestment joined the Investment 2004 Fair in Hilton Hotel on September 1-3
- We were again present in the İzmir Fair as in previous years with our bonus card stand on August 27-September.
- DenizInvestment joined the Capital Markets Arena in the Lütfi Kırdar Convention and Exhibition Center on September 14-15.
- As part of the first meeting for the DenizBank public offering, our Advertising & Public Relations Department and the DenizInvestment Corporate Department jointly organized an "Analyst Meeting” in Ritz Carlton on September 3.
- On August 25, our seventh anniversary, we handed out plaques to our retiring "captains”
- Aydın Fettahoğlu and Tülay Kibar celebrating their five years in our service. We organized ceremonies in our Aegean and Central Anatolian Directorates for the same purpose.