What is a Cookie?
Cookie is a piece of text sent to your web browser by the website you visit on your computer or mobile device and helps remember certain information (e.g. your language preference and other settings) about your visit.
You have a better and personalized customer experience in your next visit thanks to cookies.
Types of Cookies
- A. Session Cookies:
- Session cookies are stored temporarily only during internet session and removed as soon as possible after you close your browser.
- B. Persistent Cookies:
- Persistent cookies remain on your computer / mobile device even after you close the browser or the application and are used to recognize you when you come back to the website. New cookies are installed until the persistent cookies expire and they remain on your computer or mobile device.
- C. Target/Ad Cookies:
- Ad cookies are those installed by a third party when one visits an application/ website or uses them. Ad cookies are used to convey certain information to a third party about your visit to our website.
- D. Strictly Necessary Cookies:
- These are required and important cookies. They allow you to create a user account, log in and surf our website. Persistent cookies remain on your computer or mobile device after you close your browser or application and are used to recognize you when you come back to our website.
- E. Performance and analytics cookies:
- These cookies are used to collect information as to how visitors use websites and applications (monitored pages, average duration of the visit, etc.) to improve the overall functioning of websites and applications.
- F. Functionality cookies:
- Functionality cookies are used to make visits to the website easier and to improve your browsing experience. They allow remembering particular settings such as preferred language, setup or color scheme.
- G. Ad Cookies:
- Ad and personalization cookies are used to collect information about visitors’ browsing behavior to customize ads and website contents for personal interests.
- H. Tracking cookies:
- Tracking cookies are used to track visitors’ browsing behaviors and to collect data and information related to their browsing behavior through the websites they visit.
DenizBank Cookie Use
By visiting our website, you allow cookies to be installed on your device. If you do not wish cookies to be installed on your device, you may disable them through settings or options available on your web browser. We kindly recommend that you enable cookies to have the best experience on our website.
DenizBank has the right to amend its Cookies Policy at any time when it finds necessary.
DenizBank uses three types of cookies.
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies:
These are required and important cookies. They allow you to create a user account, log in and surf our website. You may not be able to use certain sections on Denizbank.com if you do not allow such cookies to be used. Persistent cookies remain on your computer or mobile device after you close your browser or application and are used to recognize you when you come back to our website.
2. Performance and Analytics Cookies:
These cookies are used for websites and applications to provide you a better, faster and more secure visit. It is possible to improve and personalize customer experience with these cookies. Among the data acquired are pages that a user logged in, directions, platform type of the user who accessed, date / time information, search keywords and other texts that were used when the website is surfed.
3. Target or Ad Cookies
Target or ad cookies are installed by DenizBank’s ad networks within the knowledge and permission of DenizBank. The purpose of use of these cookies are:
- To show relevant and customized ads
- To limit the number of ads shown
- To measure the efficiency of the ad
- To remember your visit preferances
|Google AdWords Conversion Code
||Type: Performance cookie
Purpose: Used to track the targets that are determined within the website.
Basic features: temporary, third party cookie
|Google Remarketing Cookie
||Type: Behavioral cookie
Purpose: Used to track user habits on the website and create re-marketing promos.
Basic features: temporary, third party cookie
|Facebook Conversion Tracking and Custom Audience Creation Code (Pixel Code)
||Type: Conversion, target audience and ad cookies
Purpose: To track Facebook conversions and to optimize accordingly, creating custom audience from users visiting your website or your application.
Basic features: Temporary, third party cookie enabling you to measure, optimize and create target audience for your campaign.
How to disable cookies?
If you decline persistent or session cookies, you may continue to use the website but you may not be able to access all functions of the website or you may have limited access.
- To disable cookies;
- On Chrome please follow: “Settings / Privacy / Content Settings / Disable Cookies”
- On Internet Explorer please follow: “Options / Internet Options / Privacy / Settings”
- On Firefox please follow: “Tools / Options / Privacy / Accepting Cookies / Until I close Firefox”
- You may find further information about disabling cookies on the following websites: